www.myspace.com
Hey,

Guess what I just bought... No, not the PRS Custom, but I got the next best
thing: a CF Martin 000-16GT - the guitar heard in albums
Deliverance, Damnation and Ghost Reveries! The one Mike and Steven Wilson
plays in the documentary "The Making of D&D" :D

I'm totally satisfied - it's an amazing guitar! I've been meaning to buy a new
acoustic for quite some time, but it just recently hit me: why not try the
one Mike plays; I've always liked its appearance. So I did!

The 000-16GT has a small body in solid mahogny and spruce and delivers
excellent, crisp sound! Incredible intonation, very balanced, good for strum but
preferrably picking and ... well, have a look for yourselves:

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=m&m=000-16GT

So, does anyone else have an instrument that Opeth uses? Tell us!

:Spin:

Benighted Joe said:
So, does anyone else have an instrument that Opeth uses? Tell us!

(Oh, a Martin acoustic - yes, if I could afford it...!)

No, but honestly... I've got an american series Fender strat - like the one Mike uses (sparingly!) on the latest album...
But not black like his. Mine is sunburst!

And yes - a PRS Custom would be fine... someday!
(I'll just have to rob the local bank first!)

You know I just realized that I don't know how to judge the quality of an acoustic guitar at all by its specs... just by the sound. I really need to educate myself a bit more.

I don't have any gear that Opeth uses, thankfully.. I grew out of the 100% fanboy phase a while ago. I do however have a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser which Jeff Loomis from Nevermore uses:

schecterweb45jq.jpg

Nice guitar though man, I'd definitely kill for a good acoustic guitar. They open up a world of gigging opportunities, hehe.

My sister has two Jackson RR5's which she lets me use, and which were used on a few early Opeth albums (Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms, Your Hearse) And I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom which was used on Damnation, Deliverance, Blackwater Park, Still Life, and My Arms, Your Hearse

Ah, so now youre just a nevermore fanboy, moonlapse! haha, but I wouldn't mind having any of the gear that opeth uses, since I think it's all very good. I especially would like to have martin's fretless. My brian moore i2p is more than i could ask for, however, so i have no needs to treat myself to over a grand's worth of equipment just yet.

I've played a few Martin's at the Guitar Center, from the more modest ones to the $3500 ones...I really don't see what makes them anymore special than other guitars. I mean, don't get me wrong, they sound good and look nice...but so do alot of other acoustic guitars.

Basically, I'm saying the reputation of a Martin is lost on me.

I have a jazz bass copy, but it's not really the same as Mendez's :( It's a 5 string fretless tuned tenor, heh :\ I wanna get the pickup cover though cos it pwns

Benighted Joe said:
If I ever buy a bass Mendez's bass is the one I want!

Which one - the yellow? (He's got three Fender's you know!)

Well, the yellow is beautiful!
And the reddish/brown...
:Spin:

They've all got great instruments, I think!

I have a custom 24 :p

|I was going to get a laney gh100l like mikeal, but in the end a dual recto seduced me.