Hellraiser, safe buy?

Anyone having experience with Epiphone models? The one I tried were epiphone explorer with EMG's and I actually enjoyed i a lot.

http://www.thomann.de/se/epiphone_les_paul_custom_ex_me.htm

I've checked this one out, looks good, sounds good on the thomann clips(actually one of the best sounds I've ever heard from thomann site), how does anybody know how convenient their methods of trying instruments is? I mean, is it the exact same setup with mic placement, amp and so forth everytime? Anyway, to my ears you can hear really quality sounds from this model.

Epiphone users, chime in! what do you think about the guitars?

The Epiphone prophecy series is really good. The necks are much thinner than typical gibson/epiphone necks and have a nice satin finish. Quality is good and they feel solid. The only reason I never bought one was simply because I don't like quilt tops and the inlays. I have only dicked around with a few and they were better than some of epiphones other stuff, but epiphone has recently stepped up their quality from what I can tell, but prices are up a bit more too. Hell I preferred the sound of my epiphone goth to my gibson version, the only reason i kept the gibson was because the fretwork was better, but damn that epiphone sounded amazing.

I have one of these, I bought it not long ago.
They're awesome.
I 18 volt modded my EMGs, but it sounds awesome anyway.
The only thing is the neck, a lot of people who are used to Jackson and Ibanez necks say they are thick.
For me, it was fine and I prefer it to the Wizards, but make sure you play it before you buy.
One thing I love about the FR versions is that you get an OFR in an already amazing guitar, when most in the price range
only have LFRs.

The Prophecy series has nothing on it. I wanted one for a while, until I saw the Hellraiser in a shop. They really don't compare.

Also, with Hellraisers, I've heard people have been having problems with the newer ones.
I got a 2006 model that hadn't been played before and it was flawless.
I've heard the 2006-2008 are the best.

Haha, I wish it were mine. I just found it on teh interwebs.
My cab at the moment is a little Krank 1x12 that came with my Rev. jr.
and a Carvin.
But I'm selling the Carvin and hopefully buying a Laney 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks, plus an AOR100 head
later today :D

NEVER EVER buy instruments online.
I work at a music store, and i just bought a cheap 200$ guitar that is _GREAT_.. that one out of about 100 we have sold over the past 2 years, the other ones wasn't even close.
And as far as Schecter goes: They're always good.. never seen a bad one, but i still wouldn't buy a guitar online.. you don't know how the neck feels, you don't know how it responds to your playing etc.

+1 I spend a lot of time playing guitars trying to work out want I wanted, I had 2 * Ibanez Rg3120 and sold both and ended up with a Schecter, great guitar but you really need to play it first and compare it