Stand-Up Comedy Thread

Caecius

Doomed Traveler
Sep 30, 2007
Colorado
I don't know about anyone else but I really love Stand-Up. I DVR every Comedy Central Presents, Premium Blend, etc. Some of my favorites besides the classics (Carlin, Black, Hedberg RIP) are

EDIT: Bunch of shit was here

and a lot more.

Anyone have any good recs?

Last edited:
Jim Gaffigan
Robin Williams (duh)
Dave Chappelle
Bill Hicks

I can't stand Lewis Black and really don't care for Dane Cook.

Also, boycott Denis Leary. He rips off Hicks like it's his job.

Bill Hicks is absolutely mandatory. He is brilliant.
Louis C.K. is also very funny.

I find Comedy Central really butchers a lot of comedians acts due to censorship. I saw Daniel Tosh on CC once and thought it was a bit bland. I head one of his albums and laughed my ass off though. I would hate trying to put together an act CC would be able to air. Most stand up is jsut not TV friendly.

p.s. Dane Cook can burn in hell. If you enjoy this ass clown you should be embarrassed.

Jim Gaffigan
Robin Williams (duh)
Dave Chappelle
Bill Hicks

I can't stand Lewis Black and really don't care for Dane Cook.

Also, boycott Denis Leary. He rips off Hicks like it's his job.

Ah, shit... I forgot Jim Gaffigan.. I have his CD.
And Comdedy Central Presents is just supposed to be a taste of the comedian, in order to make you want to look in to the guy more. It's kind of just an introduction.
Daniel Tosh also just got older and funnier between his CCP and his DVD. His delivery, more than anything, got worlds better.

Ah, shit... I forgot Jim Gaffigan.. I have his CD.
And Comdedy Central Presents is just supposed to be a taste of the comedian, in order to make you want to look in to the guy more. It's kind of just an introduction.
Daniel Tosh also just got older and funnier between his CCP and his DVD. His delivery, more than anything, got worlds better.

Agreed. His delivery got wayyyy better.

Also Bill Burr has a special coming up on CC on Sunday at 11:00 if anyone is interested.

Both Dane Cook and Mitch Hedberg are funny in their own way(s). Louis C.K. ftw.

Dane Cook's jokes/stories aren't really funny. But he puts a lot of enthusiasm into them, which I guess is why people like him. I find him rather appalling IMO, but I enjoyed his character in the movie Waiting.

And yes...Louis C.K. ftw.

Dane Cook is too silly/idiotic. He's a comedian for high school girls.

Lewis Black is just a tool. All he does is bitch and complain. I don't need his banter to remind me that the country I live in isn't perfect. I hope he gives himself a heart attack.

Dane Cook is a faggot joke thief. Stole from people like Louis C.K., Steve Martin, and Demetri Martin.