stand up comedy

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
My favorites

eddie izzard - his comedy ranges on the silly side, plus the fact that he's a transvestite. First thing you notice.

George Carlin - his comedy is more rude and satire. He's more to the point with his belief about real life issues and comes up with some crazy ideas.

Mitch Hedberg - his comedy style is more like rodney dangerfield. Short but sweet. Too bad he died of an overdose.

Lewis Black - angry and very funny

worst comedian? Stephen Wright....BOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRING!!

I also hate David Cross...CONTRAVERSIAL!!!! I'm sorry but I don't care for pseudo-hipster "look at me, I'm so witty" fuckbags

Although Mitch Hedberg has some funny material, both specials I saw him perform in consisted of the same exact material; then I heard his comedy album....and it was again the same material.

Personally....he is definitely overrated.

My favorites

eddie izzard - his comedy ranges on the silly side, plus the fact that he's a transvestite. First thing you notice.

George Carlin - his comedy is more rude and satire. He's more to the point with his belief about real life issues and comes up with some crazy ideas.

Mitch Hedberg - his comedy style is more like rodney dangerfield. Short but sweet. Too bad he died of an overdose.

I approve.

If you've heard one Hedburg album or special you've heard them all but he is fucking funny as shit. Especially while high.

Yeah he's friggin' hilarious. I need to get some of his older DVDs. I have some early stuff from him on VHS I grabbed yearsssssss ago when it ran on Comedy Central. Has to be like 10 years old.

Is it just me...or are most female comedians awful? I know it musn't be because I've asked many people (mainly women) and they agree that they aren't very good (in general I mean).

I don't mind stand-up comedy, but I strongly dislike comedians who insist on playing on the same routines, ie. If you're black let everyone know you're black (and how you don't fit into a white North American society) and the time you went to the airport and was stopped etc...heard that one a thousand times. If you're Canadian, please say "eh" a few times and talk about every exaggerated stereotype. And if you're a female, only talk about gender issues, sex problems and the time(s) you acted like a complete whore at that party...I'm not saying everyone does this, but many do and perhaps I'm just jaded by stand-up comedians.