Stand-Up Comedy Thread

just a follow up on my chris morris post to @challenge_everything in the movie thread:
Jam
lynchian (genuinely, it's shot like inland empire at times) "ambient comedy". the darkest, most haunting stuff out there, with a gorgeous soundtrack.

Brass Eye

best documentary satire, hugely influential. the paedophile special in particular is a classic that caused a big uproar here at the time. probably helps being familiar with the various celebrities unwittingly roped into thinking it's a serious documentary, but that isn't essential or anything.

The Day Today
not too dissimilar to brass eye except more of a satirical news show. it's where alan partridge originated among other things.

and some stewart lee for good measure. most polarising british comedian, never gets any serious exposure because he's completely alienated most of the mainstream here but he's a genius albeit a hit and miss one:

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

although i'm not surprised to be honest. i didn't know he had cancer (for the last 9 years!) but he was clearly an unhealthy man at times lately.

RIP my favourite comedian ever.

Reactions: Bloopy