stand up comedy

^I see it a lot too, which is why B.E.T. pisses me off.

That and most feminists are fucking retards...but hey, who isn't anymore?

There was that one show called something like 'this hour has 22 minutes' or whatever that completely demonstrates what I'm talking about. I think Canada has a lot of great comedians but that kind of dry Canadian humour, and falsely exaggerated stereotyping is just stupid.

I'm not offended or anything but I am Canadian and I don't know a single person around me who even uses the word "eh." Nor have I seen very many lumberjacks, beavers, igloos etc.

Is it just me...or are most female comedians awful? I know it musn't be because I've asked many people (mainly women) and they agree that they aren't very good (in general I mean).

I agree. Just about every female stand up isnt really that funny, some are, but most arent. The worst being Kathy Griffin and those kind. The worst part is when you see the audience absolutaly kacking themselves at a joke or observation which isnt in the slightest bit funny.

At one stage she just pulled down her pants and had her underwear on and was talking as if nothing was different, sure I get what she was doing, but it really wasnt funny. Anyone can do that, its not that hard, and the audeince was laughing as if it were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I quite enjoy angry comedians like Bill Hicks and George Carlin. My favourite British standups would be Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey (who also starred together in the wonderful TV series Black Books).

And to make a sweeping generalization, black and female standups appear to be severely lacking in quality. Most black comedians just rip off Richard Pryor anyway (especially when it comes to social commentary abour racial issues, which nearly every black comedian seems to need to talk about despite the fact that it's all been said a thousand times before and most lack the skill to mold it into something that is actually funny or insightful).

^I agree. Black comedians need to get out of that hole. I also think Chris Rock's special "Never Scared" had alot of that. Im just tired of hearing "crack" and "dick" in the same joke.

My favorites

eddie izzard - his comedy ranges on the silly side, plus the fact that he's a transvestite. First thing you notice.

I saw that guy on HBO once and found him pretty funny. Eddie is also on that show the riches with shannon woodward and I had no idea it was him.