Star Wars Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED***

So which universe is correct then? Seems like tricky territory to not just create your own Star Wars like Lucas did and what the authors of those books did..

From a technical perspective, all movies, plus the TV shows are canon. All books/comics released post-Disney buy out are canon. All the other books/comics are considered "legends". From my understanding, they were never offically deemed canon.

That said, each person can create their "own canon" based on what tbey do and do not like.

It makes sense to me. "The masses disliked the prequels, so give them a story we know they like, but attach it to original characters. Once they've fallen in love with the new characters, we can take more risks." Or at least, I hope that's the direction he was going there.

I watched some old Star Wars movies for the first time in ages, the Trilogy. I guess if I had to rank the movies they would go in this order.

1.Return of The Jedi.
2.A New Hope.
3.Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited:
Mine would go;

Star Wars (sorry Lucas but I refuse to play your little games.)
The Empire Strikes Back
The Return Of The Jedi

So basically the order of release, though for me The Return used to be in 2nd place because it has the best version of Luke.