Started building my (small) studio

I started building my small studio, this construction has been delayed a lot of times for more than 2 years since I had the project done.
But I finally started to build it :)

I will be making updates of the progress of the construction.

This is the empty space.

Sala%20estudio%20vazia%201.jpg

Sala%20estudio%20vazia%202.jpg

This is a 3D rendering of what it will become. (I hope :loco: )

EDU-10_resized.jpg

EDU-08_resized.jpg

EDU-09_resized.jpg

Shit. I need more money.

It looks great man. Where in the hell is the lava lamp though? Every studio that wants to be taken seriously needs a lava lamp.

Very nice! Are you doing the construction or getting a contractor?

I'm getting a contractor because I don't have much free time to do it but while he isn't available I started it and already did the floor structure and applied the first floor layer, in this case particle board.
I saw your place on another thread.
Great looking studio :headbang:
I ask you the same question :) , did you built it yourself or did you got a contractor?

Here are some pics of what I did so far

Eddy%27s%20Studio%20floating%20floor%201.jpg

Eddy%27s%20Studio%20floating%20floor%202.jpg

Rockwool%20and%20AC%20wiring%20installed%202.jpg

Rockwool%20and%20AC%20wiring%20installed%203.jpg

Installing%201st%20floor%20layer%20%28particle%20board%29%201.jpg

Installing%201st%20floor%20layer%20%28particle%20board%29%203.jpg

1st%20floor%20layer%20%28particle%20board%29%20finished%204.jpg

1st%20floor%20layer%20%28particle%20board%29%20finished%205.jpg

hey man, i just logged in to say that you should keeping posting the pictures of the project going on... it will be an amazing studio, good luck... ill try to start building a space in my home for a small studio someday in the next year and these pics will help me.... nice!

ah btw, some of you guys could help me with it... what would be the best kind of material to isolate a room? i mean, i dont wanna disturb neighboors and my mom inside the house, i intend to record drums so i want it to be very good isolated!!!

hey man, i just logged in to say that you should keeping posting the pictures of the project going on... it will be an amazing studio, good luck... ill try to start building a space in my home for a small studio someday in the next year and these pics will help me.... nice!

ah btw, some of you guys could help me with it... what would be the best kind of material to isolate a room? i mean, i dont wanna disturb neighboors and my mom inside the house, i intend to record drums so i want it to be very good isolated!!!

Well that depends on what your mom thinks is disturbing. Honest if you plan on keeping it quit in the house then you are in for a big undertaking.

-> Eddy....

Question about the flooring. Why do you have those long empty runs on the floor? And why did you then over them and cut out specific holes?

i would quit if i had a place to go... my house has a second floor where it will be my bedroom and there's a small space there where i can do a studio or at least a good room for drum tracking and to take advantage of the left space for the control room and bed... :kickass: i dont need more than a bed in my "studio", lol

I would assume for cable runs and whatnot...The holes could be for running the cables/access to or they could be drops for stuff coming down from the room(s)?

Durr that would make sense....

-> Eddy....

Question about the flooring. Why do you have those long empty runs on the floor? And why did you then over them and cut out specific holes?

As the guys have already said they're cable runs, the holes are where the cables go out, or access boxes.

I will :cool:

It depends of the space you have for isolation.

In my case the studio walls will have the following layers:
drywall
plywood
drywall
rigid insulation
rockwool
free space
existing house wall

Do you have an estimation of the labor and material costs? Also, do you mind posting the square footage of your rooms?