Started building my (small) studio

Hello from south america!

im prety impressed with your project man! i think its what a true music (or sound) lover wants to do at list one time!!!! haha

Im not a tech or somthing of a kind, but, i really like the topic. I was looking to the test you made with pink noise, and that problem arround 100/130 I think it is because of a standing wave, if im right the distance between your speaker and the oposite wall shoud be 3.0 to 2.6 m

if that is right, I sugest you to use a difuser or the bass trap in the wall oposite to the speaker, so you could avoid the reflection and so the cancelation of phase.

\m/

Hello from south america!

im prety impressed with your project man! i think its what a true music (or sound) lover wants to do at list one time!!!! haha

Im not a tech or somthing of a kind, but, i really like the topic. I was looking to the test you made with pink noise, and that problem arround 100/130 I think it is because of a standing wave, if im right the distance between your speaker and the oposite wall shoud be 3.0 to 2.6 m

if that is right, I sugest you to use a difuser or the bass trap in the wall oposite to the speaker, so you could avoid the reflection and so the cancelation of phase.

m/

Welcome dude. I'm sure Eddie's aware of basic standing waves, but as first posts go that was a LOT better than most!

Thanks for re-uploading the pictures! :)
I used to look at pictures of your studio everytime I needed motivation with my small build. Everything looks so well-thought and awesome.

Any progress with your 100Hz dip Eddy?

Just went through this whole thread from page 1 - absolutely inspiring. Excellent work so far, best of luck to you!!

yay, awesome thread, DESERVED a bump...

edit:

By nature portuguese people aren't very productive. This is something that has to do in my opinion with our great protection in working policies (that has a reverse effect) and with small wages that also happen because we are not productive, this factors don't help much in making people more productive and change their mentality.

We are considered to be one (or the one) of the countries that have less productive workers in the entire European Union.

Mind blown. I wonder if this is one of the reasons of the economic crisis?

It's not the sole reason, the blame should be shared mostly with the way the government ran the country, overseeing the country's prosperity over their own pocket filling agendas.
The portuguese people do play a part in this as well, which in general are, one of the most laziest cultures, everything is kept till the last minute, people don't really give a shit, but everyone lives like they're rich, everyone has at least 2 cars, etc.

Anyway, let's not taint Eduardo's EPIC thread with shit politics :D

Thanks for re-uploading the pictures! :)
I used to look at pictures of your studio everytime I needed motivation with my small build. Everything looks so well-thought and awesome.

Any progress with your 100Hz dip Eddy?

The problem is diagnosed, I'm going to take care of it in a couple of months.

Just went through this whole thread from page 1 - absolutely inspiring. Excellent work so far, best of luck to you!!

You'll have to go back to the thread later because there are still some very interesting pics that aren't showing up yet. :)
I'm going to fix that tonight.

yay, awesome thread, DESERVED a bump...

edit:

IMO it is one of the biggest reasons.

It's not the sole reason, the blame should be shared mostly with the way the government ran the country, overseeing the country's prosperity over their own pocket filling agendas.
The portuguese people do play a part in this as well, which in general are, one of the most laziest cultures, everything is kept till the last minute, people don't really give a shit, but everyone lives like they're rich, everyone has at least 2 cars, etc.

Anyway, let's not taint Eduardo's EPIC thread with shit politics :D

I agree mostly with Pedro, in my opinion the problem comes way before this government that resigned. And unfortunately I don't have much hope on the new government changing the scenario. :(

Well, let's stop talking about politics, let's keep on the subject, my dream come true :)

After going through all the pics I realized I didn't post my guitar amp collection pic on this thread.
:Smokedev:

Eduardo Apolonia Guitar Amp Collection Facebook.jpg

This is unbelievable, every single amp I dream off in the same room...

Portugal is not so far from France, be careful :D

wow man, this inspired my first post hahah!

I am in the process of renovating my control room in my new home, as well as building a tracking room and this just completely blew my mind! such an amazing process to witness and really helped me decide on some things construction wise.....

thanks so much for sharing man and all the best to you! the recordings sounded awesome too :)

-Patrick