Startin to write songs,,,,,facing proplem....need advise and opinions : \

GobyGuitar

New Metal Member
Nov 5, 2010
hey there ...... :hotjump: sry i had to try this awsome smily :rofl:

well recently i started to write songs of wht i go through,but it seems that when ever i write, it sounds like a rap song or smthn else ,while i want it to be metal ,i wanna know wht are metal songs made of??
{i play on electric guitar btw} its just me and my crappy guitar so i hv to make smthn rly good to cover it up lol

ok now here is one i did like in 10 mins:
{ya iknow i dnt write the whole word some times, its not engilsh class in here o_O''}

[When i say we are apart ,every thing left bhind ,leavin ur trace in my heart,stumplin on the dreams i had last night
turning ur head not lokin behind ,waitin me to take my part ,cant get wht ur planing wht ur tryn
u turn at the end to find my shadow hanging for u while my self is not , i found an another one
is it u ? its not
is it true? ..... not any more so not
to look further or stay on my track,so i get back ,but the sun is up and my shade is gone ,
follow the trace to the bus tracks ,all have gone all is none, look at the dark skys try to figure whats happened to me ,
are u still in to me,with me ,hearin u shoutin for me ,is that real or just a memoriz flame , its whats left of u ,
echos of what u were sayn ,mixed with me prayn , leavin us ,breakin whts left of us ,there is no us no more ,
think of it ,keep tryn you wont change a bit of it ,
cuz too late it is ,its too late .....]

an another one :

[miss the past ,miss the last breath ,miss the happiness ....
walk , hit a great wall ,
turn around to hear the no return signs screaming,
look up to be blinded by the future's light and fall in the darkness of the past ....
just a thought that came by,to lie back and let it go ,stand and watch life pass by ,
its not worth trying maybe u should just die ,u say u can fly but u aint got no wings i say crawl ,
dig ur self a hole ,barry ur self with whats left of ur pride ,
wait for ur pride to pass by ,white dress shinny shoes but a black hole inside ,
strike whats left with the truth ,think again about diein ,u aint got no tears left for cryin ....]

plz answer if u know wht ur talkin abt......

mmm thts it o_O
oh well i kinda get ur point ,but i want it to be more than just {demons humping my dog and eatn hell} kinda lame lyrics,i want it like thrash or smthn new ,i mean u gotta stand out or u will never get any where ,,thx any wayz

When i write lyrics they're often about something i've experienced but i dont just shout it out if you know what i mean, i kinda disguise it so people can get their own thoughts about what it means.

Remember, the basics of writing lyrics is usually 4 lines and 4 chords (or more).

Read Letters to a young poet by Rainer Maria Rilke.