State Holidays kick ass!

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Work for the City, so I get State holidays off (paid)... so here I am, on a monday, drinking myself some vodka. Going for the puke tonight!

Gonna get paid to be hungover tomorrow!

My co-worker was telling me a tale about a time when he used to work for the city doing something similiar to what you're doing now I reckon. Well they eventually ran out of work for him and his crew, so to keep them from getting the axe, they had them all hide out in an abandoned office on one of these upper floors. For six fucking months all they did was smoke, drink gin, and play poker. I may be embellishing a little, but that's besides the point. The bottom line is, they were not FUCKING WORKING!

My co-worker was telling me a tale about a time when he used to work for the city doing something similiar to what you're doing now I reckon. Well they eventually ran out of work for him and his crew, so to keep them from getting the axe, they had them all hide out in an abandoned office on one of these upper floors. For six fucking months all they did was smoke, drink gin, and play poker. I may be embellishing a little, but that's besides the point. The bottom line is, they were not FUCKING WORKING!

Dude... I sense once winter hits, I'm either getting canned or I'm gonna be making up work and actually sitting in my house all day.

Theres gonna be no crews to direct, and I'm not gonna have anything but a leaky pipe to fix every once in a while.

Dude... I sense once winter hits, I'm either getting canned or I'm gonna be making up work and actually sitting in my house all day.

Theres gonna be no crews to direct, and I'm not gonna have anything but a leaky pipe to fix every once in a while.

Your resume will be beefier, so you shouldn't have much trouble picking up a new gig. Plus, you'll have more downtime to listen to metal. Win/Win

Thats all I do right now anyway...

I fix shit with my mp3 player a blasting. Then I take a 2 hour lunch, which I browse metal forums and enjoy a beer, then I go back and fix more shit till the shit for the day is done.

Somedays I just sit around. Like today. There was nothing to do but "people-watch".

I'm doing an internship this summer, and somedays all I do is browse forums and wait for someone to give me work to do. It actually sucks the fun out of forums...

Other than that, it buffs my resume, and I get paid hella good.