are any of you drummers? if so, GET OUT.

Why is that drummers have to sit there playing for like 20 seconds after everyone has stoped playing and wants to discuss something? and no matter how hard you yell and abuse them it takes them this long, and then they act like they couldn't hear you?

Also can someone please invent some sort of mute button for a drum kit? if there already is one where can i get it and how much?

Claws of Perdition said:
Also can someone please invent some sort of mute button for a drum kit? if there already is one where can i get it and how much?
dm8761g5021.jpg

apply thusly to said drummer's face

Claws of Perdition said:
Why is that drummers have to sit there playing for like 20 seconds after everyone has stoped playing and wants to discuss something? and no matter how hard you yell and abuse them it takes them this long, and then they act like they couldn't hear you?

That's one good thing about long distance collaborations then? Cuts out all the bullshit in between playing :Spin:
I hope you weren't talking about me though.

One Inch Man said:
dm8761g5021.jpg

apply thusly to said drummer's face
:tickled:

a bassist is walking on the beach when he comes across a lamp half-buried in the sand. he dusts it off and out pops a genie, who offers him a wish. "well," the bassist says, "i've always wanted to go to hawaii, but i'm afraid of flying and boats make me seasick. can you build me a bridge to hawaii?" the genie gently explains that with construction costs being what they are and the enormous amount of labor required, he cannot fulfill the wish. so the bassist sits down and starts thinking about another wish. after a while he comes back to the genie and says "ok, well my band's been trying to get our drummer to contribute more...do you think you could get him to write a song?" the genie looks at the bassist, looks at the ground, and says "so this bridge, you want two lanes or four?"

Originally Posted by Night Mare
That's one good thing about long distance collaborations then? Cuts out all the bullshit in between playing
I hope you weren't talking about me though.

Nah i wasn't it was mainly directed at the drummer in my band not out project. Although you now are fully aware of the consequences of commiting this act.

Would you hurt your own (distant) flesh and blood?
Anyway, every band is different, but in the end I suppose there is quite a few retarded drummers. Lars Ulrich anyone?
In the end, nothing, NOTHING, is worse than a guitarist playing drums.

cthulufhtagn said:
i like to play drums :cry: :loco:

You probably like heavy drugs, killing kittens and beating up gay people as well. All you guitarists are the same.

Actually, I'd have to say bassists are worse, our bands bassist thinks it's funny to jump on my kit when I am out of the room and beat the shit out of it, he bent my last ride cymbal to shit, the day before I sold it. And thought it was funny.

Our rhythm guitarist persists on playing my drums at every practice, despite the fact that he is pretty horrible. Few things are more obnoxious than listening to someone attempt to play blast beats for an hour after practice is over.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Our rhythm guitarist persists on playing my drums at every practice, despite the fact that he is pretty horrible. Few things are more obnoxious than listening to someone attempt to play blast beats for an hour after practice is over.

I think I'm guilty of this, but at least I have my OWN drums at home and I'm not that bad. Honestly, I think the worst thing ever is when idiot friends pick up your guitar and try to play it.... so very, very painful.

sunday: drummer accuses band of not taking shit seriously and is on the verge of quitting. later comes reconciliation and the decicision to go over seriousness on tuesday.

tuesday: drummer says he can't get a ride to practice, asks someone for a ride with the caveat that he "can't stay out late." note: he's still unemployed and lives with his parents and plays video games all day.

i swear i could pitch this shit to fox and become a squillionaire.

Originally Posted by MFJ
I think the worst thing ever is when idiot friends pick up your guitar and try to play it.... so very, very painful.

Our drummer is a prime suspect for this he does it often it is quite horrible,
everyone else in the band is ok because we can all play guitar and our bass player used to drum for years. But our drummer *shudders* at the thought of him playing my guitar.