could any drummers give me a helping hand?

ThrashTillDeath

Blind Bleeding The Blind
Dec 11, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
So this city is terrible for musicians.
Nobody wants to join if you have nothing to show for what you sound like. But they dont' realize we can't show you what our drums will sound like IF WE DON'T HAVE A DRUMMER!

So me and my friend who i've been in multiple bands with, got together and decided this time we'll try recording when we get the songs finished, and the members will come along once they hear us (They always want to hear something of ours, which is understandable, but how can we show you what everything will sound like if nobody joined to actually play those instruments because they wanted to hear something of it already)

We've been working on a song for a couple of weeks, fine tuning it and making sure it sounds good. He's coming over today and we're going to record it.
Guitar and possibly bass. Vocals won't be until another time because..
1. Neither of us have a mic
2. We have not written lyrics for the new song yet

But I was hoping maybe when we get what we can of this song recorded, would anybody be up for recording some drums over it?
It would be greatly appreciated and we will give you the proper credit for it.

Thanks in advance :)

Have you considered using a drum machine?
Don't have access to one

I did consider programming drums for the song on guitar pro then exporting the wave or midi file, but I don't have an audio converter that'll convert more than just 50% of a song, so I can't upload it to cubase to lay over the song :(

Okay...

Load the MIDI in Cubase, get a free VSTi sampler online, and work shit out there. More flexibility and you'll be able to do all that shit easily.

If that doesn't fly I might be able to render some scratch tracks for you with DFH2 and Slate's samples when they come in... it won't be light-speed because I'm pretty pressed for time right now but I'll do what I can if you need it.

Jeff

Hey ThrashTillDeath,

Have you checked out this possibility?

http://www.drumsfromhell.com/

From the drummer of Five Finger Death Punch. I think he did this before that band broke or something.

Good set of .wav file loops on CDrom, and a decent price for them as well. I've written some songs with these loops recently, and they are pretty cool. You do have to do a bit of cut/paste/editing/time shifting (there's 4 main tempos the guy gives his loops in) to get what you really want out of them, but hey, if you're not sweating while you work, I say it's not worth it!:lol::headbang:

Okay...

Load the MIDI in Cubase, get a free VSTi sampler online, and work shit out there. More flexibility and you'll be able to do all that shit easily.

If that doesn't fly I might be able to render some scratch tracks for you with DFH2 and Slate's samples when they come in... it won't be light-speed because I'm pretty pressed for time right now but I'll do what I can if you need it.

Jef
Thanks dude, I'll try messing around with the one in Cubase
I looked at it briefly and had no idea what I had to do with it, so I just 'ran as fast as I could' :lol:

I'll give it another shot, I'm sure it's atleast a little easier than It looked :lol:

Thanks again bro :)

Hey ThrashTillDeath,

Have you checked out this possibility?

http://www.drumsfromhell.com/

From the drummer of Five Finger Death Punch. I think he did this before that band broke or something.

Good set of .wav file loops on CDrom, and a decent price for them as well. I've written some songs with these loops recently, and they are pretty cool. You do have to do a bit of cut/paste/editing/time shifting (there's 4 main tempos the guy gives his loops in) to get what you really want out of them, but hey, if you're not sweating while you work, I say it's not worth it!:lol::headbang:
Thanks Steve

I haven't checked that out, but I've heard nothing but good things about Five Finger Death Punch, so I'm definetely going to look into this, hopefully I can get ahold of this and maybe that'd be alot easier as opposed to programming my own drums. I'm not a good drummer, infact, I'm not one at all, so I'd have no idea what I'm doing :lol:

Thanks again Steve

p.s. I loved your work in Nevermore and Dragonlord