Our Monthly Collaboration (Cover Tune)

Did the drums get posted and I missed them or have the not been uploaded yet? If you need my e-mail you can PM me.

Also, maybe we can try the next song with two guitar players each playing two tracks and other guitar players doing the leads and see how that goes. It might be better, and then we'll have tried both ways and can make an educated desicion about what to do in the future.

And So Here It Goes !!!!!!!!

The drums can be found at:

http://music.vegasgothic.com/voyager

All files will be uploaded to this directory.

Keep in mind this is a WAV file so its HUGE !!!!

----------------------------------------------------

On to your questions, I dont think Quality is the main factor here. Its having fun and enjoying ourself. I think we can all play tight enough to make it sound good, so lets see how it goes,

Everyone DIG IN !!!!!!!!

Da Fukn Guru

im with liverslapper that is with me, hehehe
i think 2 guitars doing rythm would sound better, so my name could be put "on hold" on this song and in the next i would be very happy to record too
im not jumping out of the boat in the first "problem", but i really think 2 ryhtms would sound better

No More Beers said:
im with liverslapper that is with me, hehehe
i think 2 guitars doing rythm would sound better, so my name could be put "on hold" on this song and in the next i would be very happy to record too
im not jumping out of the boat in the first "problem", but i really think 2 ryhtms would sound better

u mean seedawakener? :err:

And yes, I think it a better idea to have 2 guys doing the rythmguitars.
And both record 2 tracks.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't think the drum track is alike to the one in the actual song, when it comes to those Meshuggah-like parts.

I spent a good hour slowing down the track and learning exactly how its played on the record, but it doesn't seem to mesh with the drum track we're meant to record to.

I'm getting headspin over here, I don't know what's right or wrong anymore, haha.

I don't know what's next on the list, or if non-Nevermore songs can be thrown into the mix, but I've been messing around with Hangar 18 a bit (guitars tuned down a whole step but still played in concert D minor, so the verse and chorus riffs can enjoy the full and rich low .60 chug without changing keys) and would like to work with anyone who can play the bass, contribute some rhythm tracks, or do a solo or two. Anyone up?

Jeff

hangar 18? geez, why don't you try some cacophony first :lol:
seriously, that song is a bitch to play, friedman is insane :headbang:

I wouldn't be doing his solo - if I want to hear Friedman's solos, I'd listen to the recording with Friedman. I have gotten a lot from Desert Island and Speed Metal Symphony, but I think the Hangar 18 solo section is one of the most awesome rhythm tracks that one could possibly have as a platform for really exploring metal soloing. I don't see the point, personally, of rerecording the exact same solos, or imitating the vocals - I think that the best way for a cover to really stand out and add to the original is to not make it a copy but use it as a foundation, and then take a different approach entirely - look at anything from Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower to Death's version of Painkiller to Children of Bodom's version of Oops I Did It Again. All different interpretations and styles of completely different songs, and they stand out, don't they? Then look at Dream Theater's version of Master Of Puppets - I love Dream Theater, but I can't stand listening to that - partly because of the sound, yes, but mostly because there's nothing new to it. I don't know if that's completely off on a tangent compared to what the rest of the thread is really trying to do, but I'm looking to rework this stuff and give my take on Hangar 18 the same impact and value that the real standout cover songs had.

Or maybe I just need to seriously cut the caffeine. I don't know.

Jeff