Our Monthly Collaboration (Cover Tune)

It's an interesting solo. Arpeggio that breaks into a run on the downward portion, with a pretty large note-skip there to boot. Definitely interested in hearing the end product of this, especially whoever attempts the solo.

the phish said:
i made a guitar pro of create the infinite. its not really arpeggiated from what i know, i play it like this:

-----5------5-0-6-0-5-0
-0-7--7-5-0------------

-----5-----------3-----1
-0-7--7-5-0-0-5---0-3--

correct me if im wrong.

If you listen very closely there's a hammer on legato triplet in the beginning of each sequence in the intro. Going by this logic, it would make sense that the pattern is very atonal although looking like an arpeggiated version of a G, but I've been messing around with it and it soudns too low for what's on the album (my teacher still claims it's that arpeggiated shape). Either way, you're kinda wrong about that part but it's pretty close :D The solo seems a bit easier than some of loomis' others...just an exchange of sweeps ending with some sequences after the descention...sign me up for some guitar part!

the phish said:
well create the infinite is in C#, not A#, and if it is a legato triplet, its -0-5-7- instead of just -0-7-

Well that could explain alot too b/c I'm tuned a half step down on my seven...I figured he stuck with the same tuning for the entire cd :|

actually it's drop C#, so drop D one step down basically ;)

btw, if there are still some guitar parts missing, i could do one. just gotta figure out how to play that meshuggah riff :lol:

OK .... Now we have

Rythm Guitar Left 1: No More Beers

Rythm Guitar Left 2: Synister Mephisto

Rythm Guitar Right 1: Moonlapse

Rythm Guitar Right 2: Seedawakener

Guitar Overdubs: Guru

Bass Guitar:

Solo 1: (3:32 to 3:43) kirkpetrucci
Solo 2: (3:44 to 3:57) Guru

Vocals (Main) - Bozarth
Vocals (Harmony)

Still looking for Bass and Backing Vox....

Also this project will be started on the 1st of the month, so we have a full month to complete it.

Find us some players guys so we can get this done.

Ok so I tried to figure out the meshuggahlike riff for myself and I need to see what you guys think because everyone seem to do it differently in the tabs. I just have to upload it somewhere, any tips?

Guru, sign me up for next month plz...I guess you didn't read my pm for this month :\