Our Monthly Collaboration (Cover Tune)

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
I would really like to start doing one of these monthly. What i think we should do is take a song and cover it. We all collaborate and record parts and rock the hell out of a nevermore tune.

This months song will be:

I Voyager

I have the drums all worked out already and premixed. The parts i will need are the following.

Rythm Guitar Left 1:

Rythm Guitar Left 2:

Rythm Guitar Right 1:

Rythm Guitar Right 2:

Bass Guitar:

Solo 1: (3:32 to 3:43)
Solo 2: (3:44 to 3:57)

Vocals (Main)
Vocals (Harmony)

So pick your parts.

Im going to take Solo 2 for this one plus any other parts that dont get picked up.

We will be choosing parts for the next 2 days, So whatever is not picked by sunday ill grab and do.

HOW THIS WORKS:

Once all the parts are picked. I will lay down the drums and whatever other parts I am responsible for. Once that is complete i will upload an MP3 of what i hav recorded to a webserver where everyone participating can download the track.

The track will have a click track. And you will be assigned times to play during the track. You will import them MP3 into your recording software and begin recording from the start of the track. Wether you play from the beginning of the track or not. It is VERY important that you record silence when you are not playing before and after your parts so i can line up your parts and its in time with whats recorded. I will take care of editing the audio and cutting out any dead air in the track.

Once you have recorded your part DO NOT mix it with the backing. Export ONLY YOUR RECORDED PART and upload it to the server. Make sure you name the track as your name and what part you recorded. Be sure the file is a .WAV file. MP3's can not be accepted.

If you have any questions e-mail them to me. Dont post them in the thread.

Thanks
Da Fukn Guru

Oh, so we're allowed to post in here?

You can sign me down to do the rhythm/s if you want guru. I haven't attempted Loomis' solo in that, but since that guy's a beast, I'd like to err on the side of caution and assume I can ALMOST do it, but not well enough to record it (ie. the damn River Dragon part).

I use a Hellraiser, like Jeff, and I process sounds with Guitar Suite. If I were to do it, would you preffer if I sent you the dry files, or processed?

Looking forward to this.

I have everything required to participate, but i'm not that good at guitar. I'm Ministry and Faith No More rhythm good, not Nevermore good. :lol:

If was any better, I'd be all over this.

Ill begin to lay down the Drums Tomorrow So we have at the moment

Rythm Guitar Left 1:

Rythm Guitar Left 2:

Rythm Guitar Right 1: Moonlapse

Rythm Guitar Right 2: Seedawakener

Bass Guitar:

Solo 1: (3:32 to 3:43)
Solo 2: (3:44 to 3:57) Guru

Vocals (Main) - Bozarth
Vocals (Harmony)

That's just an export of the Guitar Pro tab isn't it?

I've always thought the last two notes of Bar 9 are wrong. I play them as 6-5, and that's what it sounds like to me on the record. That's about the only correction I've had for the tab so far.

EDIT: You may also want a center overdubs track for someone to take. There's some parts that fit neither right or left rhythm guitars.

Every rythmguitar has to be the same in the meshuggahlike riff or it become will become a mess. and what tempo is the song supposed to be recorded in? ive never done this before. :S

Oh and I have to find my usb-key to cubase so that I actually can record.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this forum (I was a member of the old steve smyth forum but was unable to post for some odd reason). Anyways, I've been playing guitar for about 7 years or so but I've really been playing heavily for the past few years. Now that I'm finally done with high school I'll have alot of free time to play and I'd love to help out with these monthly covers. I just got my C-7 Hellraiser in and I have a podxt to record with...nothing great but it gets the job done. Let me know what you guys need and I'll gladly help out :D

P.S. I think we should try Create the Infinite for the next cover. The intro is fucking insane and I'm still having a bit of trouble figuring out the proper way to play it...mostly seems like an arpeggiated sequence to me and my teacher but we could be wrong :\

i made a guitar pro of create the infinite. its not really arpeggiated from what i know, i play it like this:

-----5------5-0-6-0-5-0
-0-7--7-5-0------------

-----5-----------3-----1
-0-7--7-5-0-0-5---0-3--

correct me if im wrong.