are any of you drummers? if so, GET OUT.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
seriously man, what is with you fuckers? i've been in a bunch of bands and the ONLY time any problem ever comes up, it's because the drummer has to get all butthurt or pull some weird stunt and freak out about goat knows what.

like today, practice scheduled for 3pm like usual. last night i wrote an email to the band saying "i'm gonna be hungover tomorrow" because i was wasted, but that doesn't matter because i was going to show up anyhow (turns out i'm not hungover today as it is). so today our drummer reads that and pulls a total bitchout saying that the rest of us aren't dedicated, we're lazy, blah blah blah. this is the dude still lagging on a few of our songs, showing up late for practice, and not throwing in a fucking dime for equipment (he's playing my drumset even) or beer. what the fuck!!!

no offense to any cool drummers, but i don't think you exist anyhow. :loco:

Lethal has had three drummers while the rest of the lineup has remained fully intact. I think that about says it. Cue the drummer jokes

Papa Josh said:
I am a drummer. :loco: No wonder you have such hostiity towards me sometimes.:D
hahaha
Erik said:
Lethal has had three drummers while the rest of the lineup has remained fully intact. I think that about says it. Cue the drummer jokes
yeah, this is our second one and i don't want to have to look for a third because musically speaking, shit is working out good. plus he's been my friend for like 10 years and we're supposed to get along and shit.

but i'd seriously like to know what it is, what's the drummer gene that causes such bizarre behavior?

One Inch Man said:
but i'd seriously like to know what it is, what's the drummer gene that causes such bizarre behavior?
i dunno, the same thing that makes them want to beat on things with sticks all the time? :p

Hey come on, not all drummers are bad, in fact Bassists are the odd ones.
My band has a bassist who we never really see anymore because of a bad case of pussywhip, and a singer who can't sing, or play an instrument (but we don't have the heart to tell him).
Anyway, I think I am one of the more dedicated people in my band, and being the only who who can play drums and knows our songs, I am also indispensible :)

Dave Grohl's top ten drummer jokes:

Dave Grohl said:
1. What do Ginger Baker and canteen coffee have in common?
They both suck without Cream.

2. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, so long as the roadie gets the ladder, sets it up and puts the bulb in the socket for him.

3. What is the difference between a chiropidist and Ginger Baker?
A chiropidist bucks up your feet

4. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better Neil Peart would have done it.

5. How can you tell a drummer's at the door?
The knocking speeds up.

6. How can you tell a drummer's at the door?
He doesn't know when to come in.

7. How can you tell when the drum riser is level?
Drool comes out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.

8. What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
Homeless.

9. How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
None: they have a machine to do that now.

10. What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
"Hey guys, why don't we try one of my songs?
(sound of Grohl having last laugh)

10. What's the last thing a drummer says in a band?
"Hey guys, why don't we try one of my songs?
lol.. it took nicko mcbrain until 2003 (20 years) to co-write a fucken song for maiden

the song "i am the king (of dreams)" on the 2nd tiamat album astral sleep (AWESOME ALBUM GET IT GUYS) is by far the shittiest song on the album... guess if its the only song with writing credits for the drummer :loco:

I'm so hurt and offended
I'm going into a corner to cry
:cry:

but I suppose its true
some of the scald fuck ups have been caused by me
usually by (sometimes drum related) injury :D

anyway, its guitarists that are usually wankers

we're all freaks, but in my experience drummers are by far the worst because they are unpredictable. also i've never dealt with a singer that couldn't play an instrument, mostly because i don't count them as actual musicians. :dopey:

it's funny because i talked to the dude for awhile yesterday and calmed his dumbass down and stopped him from quitting the band, but now today i'm all pissed off at him, haha. yeah he freaked out because i got drunk the night before practice yet he's a pothead who is always stoned, of course including every practice. what kind of a double standard is that?

One Inch Man said:
we're all freaks, but in my experience drummers are by far the worst because they are unpredictable. also i've never dealt with a singer that couldn't play an instrument, mostly because i don't count them as actual musicians. :dopey:

it's funny because i talked to the dude for awhile yesterday and calmed his dumbass down and stopped him from quitting the band, but now today i'm all pissed off at him, haha. yeah he freaked out because i got drunk the night before practice yet he's a pothead who is always stoned, of course including every practice. what kind of a double standard is that?

:lol: ... bands are like living with a bunch of chicks

yeah, but without the eye candy.

this dude was bitching because "we never sit down as a band and go over shit that we need to accomplish" but uh, we actually fucking do dude, you are just always too stoned by the time that happens and you've long since gone home early, LIKE ALWAYS. no matter what's going on he leaves around 8pm at the latest to go hide in his closet, while the rest of us stay up until 2 or 3am, generally going over band shit around midnight when all the other political topics of the day are covered. :loco:

oh well, i guess his unemployed ass has to get up early to watch cartoons or something. :rolleyes: