State of 'Thrax interview with scott w/ MTV

That's some good stuff. Atleast they'll be serious with the new singer. I'll just hope for the best and take their time.

Why not just audition some unknown guys and see what you find? There's got to be SOMEBODY good enough to sing for Anthrax!:rolleyes:

^
After all, who was Joey Belladonna before they found him?

There's definitely unknown talent out there. They just gotta know where to look.

I really think they are gonna need a heavy hitter to get label support here in the states at all. Just my uneducated thought tho....

Yeah.... I'm not sure about the music industry everywhere else, but in the US it sucks the big one. It seems the only way to get a record label here is to sound like everybody else and be a big suckup, and that is LAME. Fuck the mainstream US music industry. I say get an independant label that actually CARES about the music and not all the fucking cash. .....Wait. Does that even exist any more? Probably not. This all sucks. All I want is for them to get a good and non-trendy singer, but I bet whatever label they want is gonna force 'em to get one of those trendy singers that THEY believe will get them rolling in dough. :yuk:(By them I mean the record company, not the band, of course. The companies obviously don't give a shit about the band unless they make the company a couple million.)

Sorry for the rant, it's probably inacurrate but I am SO unbelievably pissed off right now at all this!!! :yell:

Yeah.... I'm not sure about the music industry everywhere else, but in the US it sucks the big one. It seems the only way to get a record label here is to sound like everybody else and be a big suckup, and that is LAME. Fuck the mainstream US music industry. I say get an independant label that actually CARES about the music and not all the fucking cash. .....Wait. Does that even exist any more? Probably not. This all sucks. All I want is for them to get a good and non-trendy singer, but I bet whatever label they want is gonna force 'em to get one of those trendy singers that THEY believe will get them rolling in dough. :yuk:(By them I mean the record company, not the band, of course. The companies obviously don't give a shit about the band unless they make the company a couple million.)

Sorry for the rant, it's probably inacurrate but I am SO unbelievably pissed off right now at all this!!! :yell:

Yer pretty on the money. Getting screwed my management and Labels is a big part of the reason the guys have had to make the decision they have. Not sayin they chose well or poorly in any of them just that they have had some fucked up things happen to them all.

^No, I agree with ya, man.

....The music industry is fucked. End of story.
(Actually, everything involving business seems to be nearly to completely corrupt now. :( )

Like I've said before, I'm rooting that Scott drags Eric AK away from Flotsam and Jetsam. Either that or drag Bruce Hall away from Agent Steel. Either one would own. Or at least in my opinion. :D

This was posted through Scotts mysapce blog

Retract

I'm back from Aruba. I didn't win the tournament but I'm very happy with how I played and I busted out set over set. Jacks to Queens. Nothing I could do. Had an amazing week and I will post about it later today.
I wanted to post something here regarding an interview that was recently posted on MTV.com. It was an interview with Jon Wiederhorn about the S.O.D. release "Rise Of The Infidels" (which I'm actually really digging!!!). After the S.O.D. questions we spoke about Anthrax and the situations with Joey Belladonna, John Bush and Corey Taylor.
I need to clear up my comments regarding Joey. Some of the things I said were of an inflammatory nature and at the time I was not in full possession of the facts. From then til now, all the information has been brought to light and it was unprofessional of me to speak without all the facts and for this I apologize. I know how to admit when I am wrong and I retract what I said about Joey. I consider Joey a friend and I never meant to cause him distress in anyway and I hope we can move forward from this as friends. Cheers brother.
That being said, I'll have a bunch more to talk about later.
Cheers,
Scott

This was posted through Scotts mysapce blog

Retract

I'm back from Aruba. I didn't win the tournament but I'm very happy with how I played and I busted out set over set. Jacks to Queens. Nothing I could do. Had an amazing week and I will post about it later today.
I wanted to post something here regarding an interview that was recently posted on MTV.com. It was an interview with Jon Wiederhorn about the S.O.D. release "Rise Of The Infidels" (which I'm actually really digging!!!). After the S.O.D. questions we spoke about Anthrax and the situations with Joey Belladonna, John Bush and Corey Taylor.
I need to clear up my comments regarding Joey. Some of the things I said were of an inflammatory nature and at the time I was not in full possession of the facts. From then til now, all the information has been brought to light and it was unprofessional of me to speak without all the facts and for this I apologize. I know how to admit when I am wrong and I retract what I said about Joey. I consider Joey a friend and I never meant to cause him distress in anyway and I hope we can move forward from this as friends. Cheers brother.
That being said, I'll have a bunch more to talk about later.
Cheers,
Scott

I guess this means that Scott sucked up to Joey's ass & begged him to return. Otherwise why make a big statement about something that was printed by MTV.
The drama continues!!!

^Yep!! :lol:

It's good that he can admit stuff like that, though, even if it was to go like this: :worship:notworthy

And to Mikeybong, yeah, I know, but it's definitely worse now than it was then.

If I had a million bucks I'd start a record label. And I'd do two chicks... yeah, two chicks at one time.

I guess this means that Scott sucked up to Joey's ass & begged him to return. Otherwise why make a big statement about something that was printed by MTV.
The drama continues!!!

I guess it means Joey wasn´t very happy with what Scott said about him checking the books on the reunion tour and was about to call his lawyers...:hotjump:

..............and ya def wanna be in a band with a guy that requires a public apology. Just gets dumber every day.

If they were that screwed by labels,
do they not have the money to invest in self released material?

if any fool can do it, why the hell don't they?

Music industry is all about touring now and thats where bands make there money, so go for it!

The whole reason they can't get either established singer to commit seems to me like they don't want to commit to maybe recording another album, at some time in the next year or two!

Love the band always have, just don't see how they can take soooo long to do anything!

There's more to it than it seems, Trust me. (wow, probably my shortest post ever! :lol:)