Status of LotFP: Done as a Print Entity!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Effective immediately, LotFP is ceasing print operations.

Subscriber's balances are being refunded. If you are a current subscriber and have not received an email from me, that likely means I have an out of date email address, please contact me at lotfp at mindspring dot com. I intend to get everyone's money refunded in the next six weeks.

The reasons behind the decision are simple: While I would have been content putting out two to three issues a year at this point (frankly that's all my interest level with current releases was going to be able to handle), the fact is I will be moving twice in the next four months. Income situation is looking iffy for the next twelve months. I have a new issue ready to go to the printers and the funds to make it happen, but thinking of the timeframe as to when the issue after that could be out, I just don't know. I can't just keep everyone's money with no LotFP for months and months and months on end (although you're used to it, right?), so the possibilities were print this issue and pay everyone out afterwards, or just do it now...

Beginning in the middle of June, there will be a flood of new material on the website, as I intend to put a lot of back issue material up, as well as putting up the new reviews and interviews that were to be in LotFP #65, and then keep it current with reviews and interviews from new releases at that point.

However, this is not the final end of LotFP as a print publication. No, no, no. But I've got a lot of ducks to get in a neat little row before I'll have another chunk of money to use to throw my protests at the heavy metal industry. Sign up for the LotFPUpdate list for all announcements as far as new website content and when in the far flung future new physical material will be available.

Man, that's sad somehow :erk: - reminds me a little of Edge Of Time, who were doing well as a printzine in the mid nineties and have succumbed to a poorly updated online zine...Best luck to you and hopefully every reader's support to prevent Lamentations from declining...

Occam's Razor said:
Man, that's sad somehow :erk: - reminds me a little of Edge Of Time, who were doing well as a printzine in the mid nineties and have succumbed to a poorly updated online zine...Best luck to you and hopefully every reader's support to prevent Lamentations from declining...

It is a bit sad, but...

A- It's done so I can go to Finland for a good long while with no steady income and not have almost a hundred people I have a financial responsibility to being left hanging.

B- The LotFP name isn't dying in print, I'm still moving forward with the RPG, but that's a for-profit project with no advance orders so even if playtesting goes off a cliff with a 100% IT SUCKS rating, no harm no foul to anyone!

C- The 'webzine' version of LotFP isn't going to be one of those superupdatedwithallthenewsandreviewsofeveryCDweget, so checking back every day would be a disappointing exercise.

I was a fan of Edge of Time as well!

Is it possible to get some back issues for the money you still have from the subscriptions? That would be less complicated: you save the money and I've got my daily dose of Metal reading...

Occam's Razor said:
Is it possible to get some back issues for the money you still have from the subscriptions? That would be less complicated: you save the money and I've got my daily dose of Metal reading...

Abso-frickin-lutely!

Email me and we can figure out which issues you want.:)