Stay away from the Duet 2!!

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
this fuckin thing is so unstable. the interface froze about 6 times on me tonight. not to mention the documented problems of not being recognized on startup. no driver updates or fixes for any of this shit! works great when it actually decides to work. I wish i hadnt spent the 600 dollars on this god damn thing last summer. Why isnt apogee working on this? or are they??

I know some of you have the duet 2 and im wondering if you share these problems as often as i do.
Also if anyone is thinking of getting this, dont. not until they fix these problems.

I've borrowed one a few times and had no problems whatsoever - I'd still recommend one any day.

Are you using it with a PC or Mac? Given their relationship with Apple I'd imagine they make a much larger effort for developing Mac drivers than PC ones.

Yeah are you using it with Mac or PC? AFAIK Apogee makes Apple-only products, so that could explain why you are having issues if you are using Windows. If you are using Mac then I dunno... never heard of anyone having issues with the Duet, or really anything Apogee, they are quite reliable.

Edit: Just checked their site, the Duet2 is, in fact, Mac-only:

duet.png

You're the first one I hear having problems with this unit, did you find other cases like yours ? My duet 1 is rock solid, and I was contemplating going for the 2 in the future.

Yeah Apogee has always been super helpful with our studio and our AD/DA 16's. I'm also SERIOUSLY contemplating a Duet 2 for main use in the future on my home rig, and retiring my profire 2626 unless drums are being recorded.

I've had a few issues with my duet2 as well(not recognized is the main one). However I went through apogee tech support, they sent me a beta for a new driver (this was like 4 months ago so it's probably a full release now) and I havn't had a problem since...

I'd just email em.