Steinar Gundersen replaced?

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
As you may or may not know, Steinar Gundersen, guitarist of Spiral Architect, played guitar with Satyricon on their last US tour. You may also know that he and other tour guitarist A.O. Gronbech were charged with raping a woman on one of the dates, resulting in the rest of the tour being cancelled. http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=30623

What I'm wondering now is, how the heck is Spiral Architect going to replace Steinar if he winds up in prison!? He's such a ridiculously talented and capable guitarist. I mean, if he raped someone then he deserves what he gets, but if he didn't then I hope he gets off! Has anyone heard any more current news about the rape?

Who tells you that he was involved in these things? One should be careful about such matters and not babble about them on webboards, I think, as they are way too serious. There's more interesting things here - what about music?:cool:

:confused: Hey don't ignore the truth! I care about the music, that's why I want to know what's going on with him. If he gets put in prison, then what will happen to the music!?

P.s. I think it's obvious who told me about it also, since I posted a link to the news. I also got screwed by this happening because Satyricon cancelled the NYC tourdate. :(

I dont know what to say. Is there any official confirmation or is it just because Spiral Architect hasnt released a cd in 5 years and people are mad for news?

Well, according to the official SA website, everyone seems to be fine, and a new album is one the way.

October 23rd, 2005
"Asgeir is currently recording drums for Ihsahn's solo album and will start on the new Borknagar album in November. Lars is getting ready for recording bass on the next Satyricon album. Øyvind is heading into the studio soon to finish the vocals on the new Scariot album. Steinar is working on a new black metal project. But, most importantly: Spiral Architect is starting to write and record preprods in January."

I wonder what happened with the rape case!:confused:

asgeir said:
Haven't talked to Steinar in a while but I know he and Arnt are eagerly waiting for the case to come up.

- Asgeir

Thanks for coming and clearing it up a little bit. At least we know now whether or not the case is still an issue.

the judge was a huge SA fan, and decided to let him go with the condition of recording a new album with SA.

ok, thats not true, but wouldnt it be cool?

Hey, I just want to tell that prior to accuse someone it is better having definite sure that one is guilty. In case of rape, it can´t be defined well how much a woman consented as to say that if she wants to tell the law she was raped she will be considered the victim no matter which other conditions may have said. So, let´s us be criterious and wait to point out.

I'm not sure I agree. When something serious might affect a band you love you want information. I think this topic has a place in this discussion.

Yeah. I'm not making this thread to say "STEINAR IS A RAPIST I HOPE HE GETS REPLACED!" I made it because things about this have been very quiet and I'm curious about the future of a wonderful band. I said previously in this thread, if he did it, he deserves what he gets, but if he didn't, then I hope he gets off free!

damn, people - isn't there any better topic to "baptize" this forum? - After all, it's about a band that has pushed metal some years forward with only one album which enough depth to fill pages with discussions about it...

SpeedPowerShred said:
the judge was a huge SA fan, and decided to let him go with the condition of recording a new album with SA.

ok, thats not true, but wouldnt it be cool?
LOL, it would be indeed.

Anyway, let's reside from this case and hope the best. The band members/webpage will keep us updated on this. :)

I fail to see how this is selfish. Sure it's impatient, but I'm worried about a band I really really really like and don't see how any member could be replaced, so I am extremely curious about what is going on with this situation. There's no reason to act like nothing ever happened and ignore it, I'm sure any but who really likes Spiral Architect would like to know what is going on with this inhumanly amazing guitar player.

The "i hope everything is alright" is hardly the main focus of this thread, the thread's purpose is to see if anyone knows more about the status of this situation so they can share their information with all the SA fans. How do you not see that as useful? Steinar is a VERY important member of the band, and if your favorite band is at the risk of losing someone as important as him, wouldn't you want to know what's going on?