Steve and Megadeth

Ah yes, I see it's made it's way on to You Tube now!:lol:

Thanks for posting Messiah!

This was a weird thing that happened, so I'll give you the skinny from my point of view- basically I got a call from a good friend who is also Dave's tech, asking if I could step in and play upwards of 3 songs with them for this Dean Guitars thing.

I said yes, just needed a guitar there. This was NAMM, true, but I wasn't there performing this year, so did not have a guitar! ha ha

So it comes down to me listening to the song at my hotel, getting there 1 hour before it was time to play, and 5 minutes before we were to go on (and there was a lot of "it's on it's off" going on at the time backstage, adding to it all!:lol:), I got to go over what ended up being Symphony of Destruction with Dave and the guys, and since I didn't have time to really prepare for it or warm up or any of that, I winged the first phrase or so of the solo, and as Dave put it "just improvise the rest if you don't know it".Something like that...

I hope I did allright? I had a good time jamming with them, I know that, and got some good feedback (Fuck yeah man! Or something like that) from Rob from Machine Head and others as well, so I guess I did allright! ha ha

I have to say, I've seen footage of the "classic" lineup rehearsing backstage before they would go out and play, and to experience this firsthand was a really great thing; I can't recall the last band I was in that did this, it was more of a guitar only hang, and maybe the drummer, but never the full band together doing this. So kudos to Dave for maintaining this discipline over the years, with all of his lineups.

And thanks to to the guys for having me up with them to jam this song! Now, back to Forbidden land, and getting this new album recording started soon enough, and then there's my new UK based band I told you all about- we've started working with Mikkel already, and have some pretty fucking incredible and HEAVY music happening here! Stay tuned!:headbang::headbang::headbang: