Steve Digiorgio or Alex Webster?

I personally think that Mazurkiewicz is a great death metal drummer. He keeps up with the insane changes that Cannibal Corpse has. I think it would be the view of a listener rather than a musician who would such things about Mr. Mazurkiewicz. But that's just my opinion. My fact-based opinion.

Originally posted by Musician's Musician
I think it would be the view of a listener rather than a musician who would such things about Mr. Mazurkiewicz. But that's just my opinion. My fact-based opinion.

:lol: Paul is alot better now, but come on. Listen to Tomb of the Mutilated. He goes out of time alot on that album. He's resonably tight now, but is not the most inventive of drummers, often smothers things with too much snare. I always used to cringe with the old stuff.

Oh, and I'm a musician too, so there you go :p ;) :D :lol:

man. he totally can't hang with today's death metal. shit, cannibal can't hang anymore. but anywya.

his blasts are pretty lame, and usually just does the same blast for everythign, his fills are kinda lame, his timing isn' the best. i dunno. i just dont think hes that great. i think cannibal coudl be a better band with a better drummer. their music aint that technical.

are you guys nuts? Man, that "off time" thing adds flair to it all. He's always been able to be compatible with the band in their songs. Cannibal Corpse is awesome as a group. Especially with a lot of their progressive stuff. Off time stuff is awesome. Paul Mazurkiewicz is awesome. I mean, he's no Richard Christy, but still, he's fuckin' bad ass.

fuck no, paul mazurkiewitsk (or whatever) is a good drummer, not my favorite, but he rule, you suck, wan´t to fight asshole? dave lombardo is the one who is the best (my opinion)

lets stop this debate and just agree that Gene hoglan can devastate any drummer you can name!

(yay, getting to see him with SYL in MAY!)

funny how this changed from a bassist debate to a drummer debate. but anyways, i saw cannibal corpse live about a year ago i guess, and i was front row right in front of alex and his amp. that guy is a fucking lunatic. two hand tapping, sooo fucking fast. the fastest ive seen without a pick. (i admit i dont always pay too much atention to the bassists hands but comeon hes fuckin crazy). im not really a big fan of cannibal corpse so i cant comment on the whos better question. bottom line is they both shred pretty well.
-neal

damn that's a hard one.
for speed and brutal I'll go with alex but with techinique and for being a master I go with steve. they are both amazing.I wish there was like a dream theater for the metal masters to see who would be there.