Steve Irwin dead at 44!!!!!!!

7thson_of_a_7thson said:
The guy was a shameless exhibitionist who took pleasure in taunting dangerous animals.

You don't see David Attenborough grabbing poisonous snakes by the tail and patronising them while they try and bite him.

If you live by the sword then you will die by the sword.

Your a fool....

Steve will be missed.

R.I.P Steve,

Hey, 7thson, go fuck yourself ya tiny little prick. He was a good man that did more for this world then your useless self ever will.

I was on Yahoo! Answers last night and I saw a lot of these messages popping up. I figured, "Yeah, another Internet hoax, time to do a little research to disprove them... holy shit, it's true!"

I can't say I was a fan of his - sorry to the Aussies on the board, I'm not disrespecting Irwin, just saying his show wasn't my cup of tea - but I do feel sorry for his wife and children. No one deserves to lose their father that early in their lives.

Others have said it more eloquently than I could - at least he died doing what he loved. Would that we all be so lucky.

He did some stupid shit sometimes and could annoy the piss out of me at times but he lived life, really lived life and I respected him for that. I imagine if anyone of us could have spent a week with him, we would have stories for a lifetime.
7thson, aren't you late for a PETA rally or something? douchebag

CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the “Crocodile Hunter,” was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.
Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called “Ocean’s Deadliest” when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous bard on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.
“He came on top of the stingray and the stingray’s barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart,” said Stainton, who was on board Irwin’s boat at the time.

7thson_of_a_7thson said:
The guy was a shameless exhibitionist who took pleasure in taunting dangerous animals.

You don't see David Attenborough grabbing poisonous snakes by the tail and patronising them while they try and bite him.

first time ive ever heard a stingray characterized as a sword...

7thson_of_a_7thson said:
It was animal cruelty plain and simple. Dispruting wild animals in their natural environment just for TV ratings is wrong. The stress those animals must have suffered while was tormenting them have been terrifying for them.
rofl, that was the funniest shit I've read in a long time

R.I.P. Steve, you were a passionate dude who did more for animals and education about animals than 7thson could ever even fathom doing himself, period

This man was so enthusiastic about what he did and that is a good thing. He was a lover of life, loved wildlife and always had a smile on his face. Its such a shame it was the thing he loved that killed him.

7thson_of_a_7thson said:

And the award for 'most gaytarded post ever' goes to......

Stingrays have a serrated, toxin-loaded barb, or spine, on the top of their tail. The barb, which can be up to 10 inches long, flexes if a ray is frightened. Stings usually occur to people when they step on or swim too close to a ray and can be excruciatingly painful but are rarely fatal, said University of Queensland marine neuroscientist Shaun Collin.

Collin said he suspected Irwin died because the barb pierced under his ribcage and directly into his heart.

"It was extraordinarily bad luck. It's not easy to get spined by a stingray and to be killed by one is very rare," Collin said.

7thson_of_a_7thson said:

Yeah cause without the extra funding generated by his TV persona he surely would have been able to fund all those projects out of pocket....... Better still people would known who he was just because and tossed heaps of money at him.... right? Stuff he did was just cruelty? Please shut up.....

7thson_of_a_7thson said:
It was animal cruelty plain and simple. Dispruting wild animals in their natural environment just for TV ratings is wrong. The stress those animals must have suffered while was tormenting them have been terrifying for them.

Wibble
Please...get laid for once.

Mickenglanduk said:
This man was so enthusiastic about what he did and that is a good thing. He was a lover of life, loved wildlife and always had a smile on his face. Its such a shame it was the thing he loved that killed him.

Well said. A very sad day for Australia and the world.

As an environmentalist I was always uncomfortable with his claims of being a conservationist. I don't like people who use animals as toys for entertainment. It's sad that he died esp for his family but remember his waving his daughter infront of a crocodile for a laugh stunt. He took a lot of stupid risks and has now sadly paid the price for it.