Steve Nevermore?

Lexicon

Jun 2, 2002
Ma
Visit site
I heard from their official web site that Steve smyth is going to be playing with Nevermore for their upcoming Euro/U.S. tour dates.
Isnt this going to be a little bit of a chalenge for him having to learn all their songs in such a short period of time ?Is he also gonna be playing leads that Loomis didnt originally do himself or is Loomis gonna take care of all the solos on his own?I would need at least a couple of years to prepare for this task to go on tour.

Hey, Lexicon, I've already done the Bang Your Head Festival in Balingen, Germany on the 29th of June, and it was a total blast!!!I went through a few months preperationfor this gig, +the others that will soon follow it as well. As for what I am doing, I want to defnitely refer you to Nevermore's site, as this officially states it all, and on my site as well ( Nevermore=www.nevermore.tv Mine= www.stevesmyth.com).
As for my role in the band, it is to provide the 2nd guitar role. Jeff handles most of the leads, and we worked out places where we could do some trade offs and fills and stuff throughout the set we did.
I will be doing some more shows with Nevermore in the future, unfortunately they won't be in the States, they will be in Europe coming later on in the year.
As far as learning the songs, yeah it was a little challenging, for sure( these guys f***ing shred!!!)and my schedule with Testament and Dragonlord, but several rehearsals took care of most of what I needed to get to to know, not to mention I am a bigtime fan of the band, so I kind of already knew what to expect when it came time to sit down and play through what I had been listening to for a while!
Thanks for your interest and support in this dude!!!:devil: :headbang:

whoa steves site is cool, it definatly looks better than Memnocks page(Susperia bassist). Im sure there are lots of people in the bay area trying to get lessons from Steve rite now.

Originally posted by cinflames
Steve--My friends from the Metal Observer, Alex and Val, met you at the Bang Your Head Festival and thought you were fucking cool! :)

hi cin, please tell them i posted a photo on steve's site... it's under his 'nevermore' photos! thanks M.O., for the support!

Hey steve, while you're there, kick JL's ass and tell him to lose the 7th string, and start playing like he did on POE again :D

BRING BACK THE PROG NEVERMORE!!! :headbang:

-Trapped

NP - 42147

Originally posted by Steve Smyth
I've already done the Bang Your Head Festival in Balingen, Germany on the 29th of June

And wasn't it killer!!! :worship:

Looking forward to meeting you in Wacken, Steve!! And let's hope Nico will take grrrrreat pics of you guys:)

xxx Marlies