Steve taming the spiral generator

Vintersorg

(sym)phony (com)poser
Dec 16, 2001
We are exulted to announce that Steve will pick up his basses and give us some pulse virituosity on the upcoming Vintersorg album "Visions from the spiral generator". It´s an album where lots of elements forges and synthesize, from extreme metal, via a progressive approach, to acoustic melodism and cosmic moods.

-Vintersorg

INteresting...so now Vintersorg has TWO GREAT bassists to work with.....hmmmmmm....I;m trying to think of a way that this WON'T be sweet, but I can't think of any!:D :D :)

Well, I'd like to welcome myself aboard. Thanks to Asgeir for getting me involved, thanks to Tyr for his support and encouragement, and mostly thanks to Mr.Vintersorg himself for allowing me to be a participant in this great adventure through outer spheres and cosmic trips of inner dimensions. I've been listening to this preproduction cd of the new album for the past few days, preparing for the bass recording to complete "Visions..." - and I must say; I've never been more excited about an upcoming project. As a player, it is a purely complete landscape in musical brilliance...and as a listener, it is purely awesome! You people don't even know what's in store. This music is moving in a genre-less direction (JW!) yet still drawing from the solid elements of metal past. It's always so refreshing to hear sombody attempt something a little different than what's already out there, but stay true to their roots. Mr.V has accomplished this on this batch of songs, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy and I hope to live up to expectations.

...Former DEATH/CONTROL DENIED and current TESTAMENT bassist Steve DiGiorgio will make a guest appearance on the forthcoming album from Sweden's VINTERSORG, entitled Visions From The Spiral Generator. DiGiorgio will lay down his tracks at an as-yet-undisclosed studio in the San Francisco Bay Area during March 8-9 for a summer release through Napalm Records. According to mainman Vintersorg (who also sings lead in the Norwegian band BORKNAGAR), "we are exulted to announce that Steve will pick up his basses and give us some pulse virtuosity on the upcoming VINTERSORG album Visions From The Spiral Generator. It's an album where lots of elements forge and synthesize, from extreme metal, via a progressive approach, to acoustic melodism and cosmic moods.” Commented DiGiorgio on the upcoming collaboration: “I've been listening to this preproduction CD of the new album for the past few days, preparing for the bass recording to complete Visions... — and I must say I've never been more excited about an upcoming project. As a player, it is a purely complete landscape in musical brilliance...and as a listener, it is purely awesome! You people don't even know what's in store. This music is moving in a genre-less direction yet still drawing from the solid elements of metal past. It's always so refreshing to hear somebody attempt something a little different than what's already out there, but stay true to their roots. Mr. V has accomplished this on this batch of songs, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy and I hope to live up to expectations.”

Hey, sure glad you posted all of that, someone might have missed the earlyer posts in this thread by Steve and Vintersorg saying exactly the same thing...... :p :lol: :) :D

Seriously though, this is gonna make me go even more insane waiting for the new Vintersorg album :eek: My second favourite vocalist (sorry V, though you're one more good performance away from dethroning Garm ;)) and my second favourite bassist (sorry Steve, but you're gonna have to wait for Claypool to retire ;)). Damn, this is gonna be cool.