Steven Slate Samples...WHYYYYYYYYY

Sep 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ok so I recently purchased Steven slate samples. I hate the fact that u have to run them through kontakt. I almost always use drumagog. Is there anyone here that can help me out by giving me the wavs OR the gogs of the EX series (that's the one I paid for) I can upload screenshots and a receipt of my purchase so that it is clear that I did purchase these samples. I just need either gogs or wavs so that it can fit my workflow better.

I don't see this thread going over well. I will say this: since Slate has his own sample replacement program, they've stopped releasing wavs and gogs.

I would map 10 hard, 10 med, and 10 soft hits. Then humanize them (so they're not all 100%, 75%, and 50%). You'll have to requantized them afterward so they all hit on time. Mixdown each individual wav and BAMMO you've got something that'll work in drumagog. It will take you forever to do it but hey...

Actually, there is no ending to that sentence. It will straight up take you forever.
For-ev-ver, for-ev-ver, for-ev-ver

I hate that shit I wish it just go from 1-100 instead of 1-127. Anyways, when you click on a midi hit in the midi map, it should tell you what % it is somewhere on there. Mine tells me on the far left of my midi map where all my midi options are.

And now that I think about it, I wouldn't even go down to 50% percent. Upon recollection, I can remember only a few times when my velocities went down past 70%. And I think those were tom build ups. Again, I'm not sure what that translates into on the 1-127 scale. Might have to do some more reading.

I hate that shit I wish it just go from 1-100 instead of 1-127. Anyways, when you click on a midi hit in the midi map, it should tell you what % it is somewhere on there. Mine tells me on the far left of my midi map where all my midi options are.

And now that I think about it, I wouldn't even go down to 50% percent. Upon recollection, I can remember only a few times when my velocities went down past 70%. And I think those were tom build ups. Again, I'm not sure what that translates into on the 1-127 scale. Might have to do some more reading.

ok man, thanks for the help dude!

Literally made me lol. How do I distinguish what the difference is (velocity wise) between the hard/medium/ soft hits? Like hard hits would be between 120-127? Idk. Sorry of its a noob question haha

Use the virtual keyboard in K3 and listen to the hits, I'm sure you'll be able to distinguish which is which. I hope when you say you bought them 'recently', you bought them awhile before SSD4 was out...

I know it sucks technically paying for the same samples twice, but I feel that's not the true value with Trigger anyway. When I moved from Drumagog to Trigger it was like night and day, my life just became easier. I understand that money is tight with everyone, but think about what your time is worth and would you rather be printing samples by hand out of SSD, or just get Trigger on special :)

Wait i don't use drumagog, but I know it has plugin hosting features. Do these work with Kontakt/ SSD?

If they do, you assign a midi note to drumagog instance, and it triggers Kontakt. Done. Not sure if it will work or not, but check the manual. Might be super easy...

Edit: Just checked the Drumagog site and I guess that's only in Platinum, which you might not have. In that case, I'd say get Trigger, or if you have Pro Tools get Massey DRT (amazing) to convert to midi and then just trigger kontakt.