Steven Slate Toms help

Yeah, try them! I usually don´t process them too much, actually.. Mostly API 550B for slight boosts at 5k and 75Hz, PT standard 7 band EQ to cut out unwanted frequencies, and maybe the Kramer PIE (compressor) and/or the Flux BitterSweet Transient designer.
I would send them to the NRG-Room in SSD and boost the room on the toms. In the mix they´ll come out real nice and glue with the rest if the room is set to a nice volume.

I typically bring down the attack and release time on the toms which helps a lot with the low end resonance, which I agree can get a bit much for metal productions.

Not got any way of using these (I've got SSD not Steven slate trigger :( ) but they are exactly the kind of toms I was looking for haha.

And I think they are pitched down the seem to sound better when tuned up.

I've said it before but I think my main problem is mostly the standing waves if my bedroom and I was a bit too fast to blame Slates Toms.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i did the following and got thunderous toms. I had four toms and used SSD QuikZep1-3 and 3 again tuned down to -50 on the 4th tom then put a stereo API 550B eq after each tom and applied presets Tom, Rack Tom, Floor 1 and Floor 2 in order. Then I grouped all of these together and put some Chris Lord Alge on them with a L1 limiter on the back end and....slammin'