Still Life artcover

Padre Bob de France

New Metal Member
May 31, 2004
Hi!
Could someone explain to me the meaning of the very beautiful artcover of Still Life Artcover?
Other thing:
It is possible to obtain a dedicated photo of the group? If yes, how?
Thanks a lot.

That's a pretty difficult question and I don't think any of us will have the truth (apart from probably Travis Smith and the guys from Opeth). Anyway, I assume it has to do with the concept of the album. In it there's death, blood and feelings against religion. The reddish colour of the cover I think would stand for blood, and the mourning woman at the front, for death (she's wearing black --some people may think she's Melinda herself--). There's a cross which could also refer to death (its religious connections are also obvious), and the whole scene is set in a forest (we can see leaves all around the cover, and also a lake). The reflection of the cross is not another cross, but a female figure. I don't think she's the mother of Jesus; in fact, I think she's Melinda, for she also dies in the story. now she must be crying for her lover, who also dies, and the red roses next to her can represent their love, the reason why he came back after 15 years.

The second question: I do not know if one can get a dedicated pic from the band. It would be cool actually, and I think we Opethians deserve it! I'll try to get some signatures at my next Opeth concert.

I have read in an interview with Mikael where he says that the reflection of the cross is a man. It's probably the protagonist.

Then the reflection might indicate that the protagonist is the opposite of the cross => the opposite of religion.

Just a thought :)

That's a band photo with their signatures on it and saying something like "to our friend Demoke" PEAC EOUT!

why that? i like digipacks very much and i bet there are others that like them too so it isnt lame at all. i think bonus tracks after concept albums are kinda pointless (i got the MAYH reissue so go figure).

No not a cookie....But a extra track or something. So...Whats the difference between Deliverance Digi...And the normal edition...The same? Only the covers?

Whats the difference between Deliverance Digi...And the normal edition...The same? Only the covers?

>> yes. as i said bonus tracks right after concept albums are so out of place...therefore i prefer SL digipack being the same as the normal version!