Strange Still Life experience

Sad Madrigal

Happy
Mar 22, 2008
2 days earlier I had a strange dream, I certainly don't remember very much of it, except for a big projection of Still Life album cover and "The MOOR" playing in background.
After I woke up, the first thing which I did was that I put my Still Life CD in the CD-player and started to headbang at "The MOOR".
I can't explain this strange phenomena. Did anyone had dreams about Opeth music?:)

Haha gotta love dreams. (Well, sometimes.) I had one recently that I was at an Opeth gig, and for some reason my dad was behind me, which is fucked up in the first place because he's claims Opeth "sounds the same as everything else" which of course is an ignorant, rediculous statement. (I think it's got to do with him being at an age where he just doesn't want to admit that some modern music is good, and that he's started to get all "Kids these days!") Anyways my dad says he knows this guy who can get us even closer to the stage, because the guy is running the show or something. All of a sudden some dude yanks my arm, and pulls me up to the front, and tells me to have a good time. Then, in the middle of a song, Per steps down from his keyboard, walks into the crowd, stands beside me, and just starts talking about random ass shit. I was in awe with having such an incredible musician talking to me, but at the same time I was thinking, "Holy shit hahah I wonder if he even notices that he's supposed to be playing his keyboard at this very moment...." And I have had other various dreams where Opeth is simply playing in the background, from some sort of PA system.

that's pretty cool, ive never had that kind of dream but i dont have dreams(or at least neevr remember them), and one person has had a similar experience, the guy who was listening to opeth and the bird blew up hahaha, i forget what the thread was called but it was hilarious

in 1986 i had a dream about a band named opeth. 8 years later i was in a local record store and saw Orchid. i felt cheated.

Apparently if you devote enough time to ANYTHING you will dream about it. I think this is known as the "tetris effect" because people will often spend enough time with Tetris to dream about it... but yeah, go to an Opeth concert one day, listen to lots of music (including Opeth), etc, and it's not all that surprising that you dream about it. In fact, it might be more surprising if you DIDN'T.

It's funny that there's a thread about this, because a few days ago, I tend to have multiple short dreams when I'm especially tired. I was looking through a doorway that lead into the livingroom of a house very unlike mine. And the girl in the dream sounded like my girlfriend, but looked a little different. As I looked in on her on the couch, I saw that she was watching an old episode of that show friends, and I glanced at the show as Mikael was walking into that coffee shop they hang out in. He stopped short of that couch, and the blonde one, looked up at Mikael and asked him "where in the heck have you been, I missed hanging out with you!" In the dream, I said to my girlfriend-look, Opeth are on friends. She then said-"oh yeah, he used to be a regular on the show years ago." I've been listening to Opeth for 12-13 years now, and I've never had any Opeth related dreams.

Then, in the middle of a song, Per steps down from his keyboard, walks into the crowd, stands beside me, and just starts talking about random ass shit. I was in awe with having such an incredible musician talking to me, but at the same time I was thinking, "Holy shit hahah I wonder if he even notices that he's supposed to be playing his keyboard at this very moment...."

Per is a very nice guy. We were drinking with Mike, Fredrik, Per and Martin Mendez at Margaritaville in Orlando. Fredrik, Martin and Per were talking to us about their trip to Islands of Adventure. I bought Martin a beer and my buddy and I were shooting the sh*t with him for a while. Pretty much, the entire conversation was about random ass shit. Although I did ask Martin and Mike if they'd put Karma on the set list the next time they play the states!

But, I told a Still Life experience I had in another thread a while back. I was listening to Moonlapse Vertigo really loud in my car while stopped at a light. This girl in the passanger seat to the left of me starts flailing her arms to get my attention. I turned down the music, she leaned back and her boyfriend asked me who and what I was listening to. I told him Opeth's Still Life album. He told me he wanted to buy it!

2 days earlier I had a strange dream, I certainly don't remember very much of it, except for a big projection of Still Life album cover and "The MOOR" playing in background.
After I woke up, the first thing which I did was that I put my Still Life CD in the CD-player and started to headbang at "The MOOR".
I can't explain this strange phenomena. Did anyone had dreams about Opeth music?:)

Haha! That's funny!!!:heh: