Still Life Re-release?

I have it, its exactly the same.
I'm actually looking for a copy of morningrise without the bloody awful live track - sucks being asleep to opeth and then that shit comes on and you have to get it up and turn it off

Neurotomania said:
I'm actually looking for a copy of morningrise without the bloody awful live track - sucks being asleep to opeth and then that shit comes on and you have to get it up and turn it off

Those are hard to find... the "re-release" and japanese versions of morningrise both have the bonus track... im pretty sure the only version of morningrise without the bonus track is the original pressing, which is mighty hard to find nowadays.

Yeah, my friend has a version of Morningrise without the bonus track, and it's definitely not the original printing...however, I ordered the UK version, not knowing that Eternal Soul Torture was a crappy demo that destroys the mood of the whole album. I have to get up and turn it off after TBYF when I sleep to it.

Neurotomania said:

er.. its not a live track.. its a rehearsal recording or demo or something

cant you program your cd player to just play tracks 1-5?

Neurotomania said:

I don't know why everyone hates this track. I think it's really good apart from the horrible lack of production. Considering it's got huge sections they eventually used on other songs I don't understand how you can all hate it and yet like the other stuff???
If they'd recorded it properly I'm sure it would be brilliant.
And as someone else points out - if you don't like it, just program your cd player not to play it.
And if you're asleep how do you know what the fuck you're listening to?! o_O

Still Life Digipak has nothing extra on it..
its just fancier case isnt it? like damnation and deliverance digipak
mine digipak is signed :D

i want blackwater digi...

Black Dragon said:
If you have a scratch in a CD that doesn't hit the silver you can take toothpaste or brasso...or some other very very fine abrasive and buff them out.

son of a bitch, thats fuckin amazing!

thats fuckin music science 101 right there, with your professor, Black Dragon.

FlatteningOfEmotions said:
Yeah, my friend has a version of Morningrise without the bonus track, and it's definitely not the original printing...however, I ordered the UK version, not knowing that Eternal Soul Torture was a crappy demo that destroys the mood of the whole album. I have to get up and turn it off after TBYF when I sleep to it.
I also have a version of Orchid and Morningrise without the bonustracks. The covers have the bandlogo on it, so it´s not the original pressing.
It was some US-Import (released by Century Black - the original pressing from the US, I guess) and cost me 21 € (instead of 16 € for the "normal" re-issue), but it was worth it.

The Orchid cd is blue and the booklet is the crappy one with white background and Mikaels self drawn logo on the back. :D And the Morningrise cover doesn´t have this ugly color shift.
So they are very close to the first pressing.

Well, I bought them last year, but these editions are out of print now...

Verago said:
I also have a version of Orchid and Morningrise without the bonustracks. The covers have the bandlogo on it, so it´s not the original pressing.
It was some US-Import (released by Century Black - the original pressing from the US, I guess) and cost me 21 € (instead of 16 € for the "normal" re-issue), but it was worth it.
Well, I bought them last year, but this edition is out of print now...

that's the editions of orchid and morningrise i have

the cd's themselves are the ugliest shades of Blue(orchid) and grey(Morningrise) possible. :hotjump:

ChrisEmerson said:
er.. its not a live track.. its a rehearsal recording or demo or something

cant you program your cd player to just play tracks 1-5?

well *excuse* me.....

I've only ever listened to half of it once... its still 'live' as in 'not studio'. besides, its fucking horrible :)