Still Life Re-release?

Fade to Black said:
Still Life Digipak has nothing extra on it..
its just fancier case isnt it? like damnation and deliverance digipak
mine digipak is signed :D

i want blackwater digi...

yeah my still lifes digi is just still life in a digipack lol

I own the original Candlelight versions of Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms Your Hearse without the bonus tracks. They're the ones without the Opeth logo on the covers. Those versions are much harder to find (and aside from Orchid, have much better artwork) than the Century Media versions without the bonus tracks.

I also have the original jewel case version of the Still Life CD without the Slipcase. It's the first pressing of it actually, and the CD itself is gray, it doesn't have the cover artwork on the CD like the newer versions. That's really rare now too.

Well I agree at least that the first half is "horrible".
Maybe I can summon the strength to totally round out my Opeth experience at least once.

"Tell me how your heart's in need
As I drown you in the sea"

I have to agree its unneccesary to hear the early demo stuff, i mean it would have been different if it was done on the original pressing as a taste of whats to come but whats the point of doing it later on?

The good bits got used in subsequent songs and the rest got ditched, we didnt really need to hear it did we?

Ok ok so its free but it just seems a bit pointless

I suppose that it's normal that the 2003 digipak reissue of Still Life doesn't have lyrics for Benighted and Serenity Painted Death, but just blank white pages instead? Or did I just get a fucked-up booklet?

Serin said:
I suppose that it's normal that the 2003 digipak reissue of Still Life doesn't have lyrics for Benighted and Serenity Painted Death, but just blank white pages instead? Or did I just get a fucked-up booklet?

U got a fucked up booklet my friend. I got digipak and im happy with it :p Normal album without bonus tracks to ruin it, so im happy

Serin said:

I got a fucked up booklet too! I was not impressed... :mad:

It's not too hard to find MAYH without the bonus tracks (at least since I last looked), and the original Morningrise I usually see at record stores like FYE, and I saw it at Tower Records once. I bought it a long time ago before the re-release was out so I dunno, just an observation I made.