Stinnett Guitars, new designs on the drawing board:

if the second one was a little more symmetrical at the bottom end of the guitar it would look fantastic (in my opinon). Maybe it's less original this way, but the cut-away and headstock still rule:

stinnet.jpg

I'dd SO hit that :kickass:

I use Pro-Engineer 3D modeling software. It's not really meant for ultra realistic renders, but these are good enough for me, just as a visualization tool. And thanks, but I'd rather not pass around any of my models. ;)

Sure man, understand that :kickass:

its just that i completely suck at modeling :D

Single cut is really classy dude! Love the headstock too, reminds me of the Jackson 3+3 headstock on the SLS models. The headstock that you've used previously with the way more exaggerated point has always been a huge turn off for me on what are otherwise gorgeous guitars so it's nice to see something a little more conservative!

I may contact you about building a custom in the future, I've always dreamt of a hardtail version of the bastard child of a Caparison Dellinger/Jacksons SLSMG/Ibanez S series... Natural finish oiled, all mahogany with ebony board, bound neck and black hardware... Make that NEAR future, haha...

The headstock that you've used previously with the way more exaggerated point has always been a huge turn off for me on what are otherwise gorgeous guitars so it's nice to see something a little more conservative!

Not like Will needs me to say this again, but big +1 :D However, I would LOVE if you could make the slant at the end of the headstock slightly concave, rather than a straight line! drroooollll

Yeah, you can't please everybody. :) So far, reaction to my pointy headstock has been about 70% "Awesome", 20% "Terrible, and 10% "...meh". I guess that's pretty good for me. :lol:

I'd like to do 2 or maybe 3 different headstocks and offer the option of any one of them on any guitar. The one I've shown on the single cut is actually slightly convex rather than a straight line, a concave line starts to seem pretty "PRS". I've been thinking of a version with offset tuners from one side to the other....I'll present some new ideas to you guys before long.

A 4+2 headstock with a sharper angle to the point on the top side to accomodate the extra space necessitated by the added tuner would look awesome, I've always loved 4+2 headstocks!

Agreed abuut the PRS thing. I think it would also make it a bit reverse Schecter-ish as well, and their headstock has always been what has turned me off of their guitars. It needs to be at least a LITTLE more metal than that! Keep it sharp and aggressive but not as BC-Rich-over-the-top-stab-you-in-the-heart-with-my-headstock as the design you used on the last build... IMO of course! Either way, AWESOME work man!