STOLEN GEAR ALERT! Houston TX

cobrahead1030

Nov 16, 2005
this is from a guy that posts on hc and a few other boards i frequent, just thought i'd pass the word along...if anyone happens to come across any of this stuff, i can give you his contact info or you can just let me know

i know chances are slim, but it never hurts to help someone out...here's his post:

So I just got word from Tristan (my other guitar player) that yesterday morning (Oct. 28th) someone broke into his apartment and stole all but 2 of his guitars, his PRS and his LTD SC607.

Here is a list of the axes to keep an eye out for on ebay other forums etc. I'll update this list as I am refreshed, he had a bunch and I can't remember all of them, however a couple of them came from me and through me, so I have a good memory of those. Here is the list. I'll even post pictures of them as I can get them. Fuck this fucking sucks.

ESP KH1 - has chips on the headstock between the tuning machines on the treble side of the headstock. He does have the serial number on this one and I will post it as soon as he gets it to me.

ESP EXP Vintage White - Bolt on, rosewood board, has EMGs, everything is stock, but this guitar has yellowed quite a bunch over the years.

ESP Eclipse II Std. - See through red, old horn, 4 knob configuration, EMGs.

ESP Eclipse - Old school bolt on, rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, Chrome covered SD's See through dark purple, chrome hardware, chrome pickup rings.

LTD H307 - See through black Cherry 7 stringer. Distinguishing factor on this guitar? Prior owner replaced the 707s with Dimarzios so there is a big empty space where the 707 route is.

LTD M302 - See through Black cherry, recent refret, stock pickups EMG HZs I do believe.

LTD M302 - Natural, SD JB in bridge, EMG HZ in neck.

LTD Jeff Hanneman JH600 - Black, Stock.

LTD Maverick - Trans Orange, flame top, Duncan Distortion in the bridge, frets out on the treble side from about the 14th fret.

Please guys, try to keep an eye out for this stuff if you can...this is basically all Tristan has and now it's just gone. Fucking horrible.

-Ans

not having insurance is way more understandable that not having the serial numbers... that costs nothing but a few minutes time to write down and put away. wow. don't even know what to say to that.

still, i feel badly for him... and wish him best of luck to recover them.

if the guy who posted this gets any more info (serial #'s etc. i'll update you guys)

apparently he was talking to an insurance co. prior to this happening, he had to pay to get each individual guitar appraised to be insured, or something to that degree

Renters insurance is the way to go. It really is pretty cheap. Here in the states, $10,000 coverage for $11 a month. I recommend it to anyone with expensive equipment in their place.

Good luck with the search

Paying for insurance sucks, but it's a wise choice. I find it hard to believe that people drop tens of thousands of dollars on gear & don't bother to protect it from fire/theft.

As for not taking down the serial numbers, that's not only lazy, it's downright stupid. I'm not trying to kick the guy when he's down, but jeez, a little forethought might be saving him some grief right now.