Stoner/Doom/Psychadelic Recommendations

Unida, have to find them. Im still of the opinion Goatsnake is the closest to Kyuss in terms of groove inducing catchiness.

Yeah I'm looking for more Goatsnake, that EP I reviewed was sorta meh but showed promise so my ears are still open. Plus I mean Greg Anderson and Scott Reeder for fuck's sake, jaysis.

I think I'm almost done collecting Kyuss and Co. so old Monster Magnet will probably be next. And someday I'll get some St. Vitus I suppose, and then after that albh albhalb blbha blah blah

Didn't dig Acid Bath, the vocals really turned me off.

I really need some more of this stuff. All I've got is Monster Magnet, Kyuss, Clutch, Grand Magus, Acid Bath, and Church of Misery (who fucking rules) for my stoner doom.

I really need some more. Orange Goblin is good, yeah?

Orange Goblin - Time Travelling Blues

Hmmm, I'm torn. It's not bad at all, but it also does not touch Kyuss, Monster Magnet, or Grand Magus. Are their earlier releases a little better? I read that they went "punk" with their latest, so no thanks.

It's almost like Clutch-gone-psychadelic or something.

"Time Travelling Blues" is my favourite Orange Goblin album. Their most Sabbath-ic (and maybe Kyuss-ic) one is "The Big Black". The "punk" thing is probably mentioned for "Coup De Grace" which was not .. punk, just more rough with Misfits influences.

IOfTheStorm said:
"Time Travelling Blues" is my favourite Orange Goblin album. Their most Sabbath-ic (and maybe Kyuss-ic) one is "The Big Black". The "punk" thing is probably mentioned for "Coup De Grace" which was not .. punk, just more rough with Misfits influences.

Most reviews and discussions I've read say that the first three are the ones worth getting.

All until "The Big Black" that is.
Oh and since you liked "On Fire", you should buy "Ad Astra" because its like 10 times better. And "Mantra III" of course. "On Fire" is probably the least good .S.B album.

Yeah, everyone says just get Frequencies from Planet Ten, Time Travelling Blues, and The Big Black.

I have heard Ad Astra is SB's best. that seems to be the general consensus.

I think I asked ths before, but what does Acrimony sound like?

Good job. Which one? They all rock except Wretch, which rocks in a "this is a good album but quite possibly the WORST PRODUCTION EVER" sort of way.

Ramesses is pretty kickass, read my hot off the press review for more info.

Oh, and Beaten Back to Pure is MANDATORY for fans of dirty southern stoner/doom/shitfuck stuff.

House of Aquarius of course, I don't think I mentioned them in this specific thread, and if I did already, they deserve another mention. Why? Because they rule, that's why.

EDIT: You got Circus, good job. Tangy Zizzle is my favorite Kyuss song and One Inch Man rules a physical amount just shy of how much I do.