Strange DM

Jan 29, 2007
I'm looking for any strange or obscure death metal. I'm not really looking for a specific sound; really just a few dm bands that are very different from the norm. Examples include:

Phlebotomized
Kataklysm- The Mystical Gate of Reincarnation
Appalling Spawn
Psypheria
Disembowelment
Molested(i love their weird melodies)
Pan.thy.monium
Demilich
Gorguts-Obscura
Cosmic Atrophy

Again, i'm obviously not looking for a specific sound cause these bands are all over the place. I'm just looking for off-beat dm.

I've been into Dripping for a while now and I know Cadaver, Disaffected, and Portal. Supuration sounds great though, thanks. More recs would be awesome.

I haven't listened to any Carbonized full lengths. All I've heard was their No Canozation demo. Is that one like it?

Love threads like this... Will be checking out everything I can.

I'll recommend...
the Timeghoul demos...
Wormed...
Kataklysm - Sorcery
Psycroptic - Scepter of the Ancients

You already know Kataklysm but Sorcery is awesome... and Psycroptic's vocalist's performance is reason enough to rec it, imo.

Phlebotomized are great!

I would say;

Mithras - All of em
Transcending Bizzare? - The Serpents Manifolds
Alchemist (more prog-death, but still worth a look) - Tripsis is probably the least prog of the lot, and the most agressive album.
Nocturnus - The Key, Thresholds

There are probably a few more, but my brain is toast atm.

Really? I think it's great, I think it's the odd vocals that grab me. The death growls are kinda okay, but when he starts doing the spoken ones it makes the hairs on my back of my neck stand. I also think it's got some pretty cool strange melodies.