Strange Instrument Ideas

here's and instrument idea...

take the strings off your guitar and have a friend call your cellphone and start singing whil you hold the phone up to the EMGs lol
and i was thinking crystal glasses filled with water would make a cool opening. maybe...???

here's and instrument idea...

take the strings off your guitar and have a friend call your cellphone and start singing whil you hold the phone up to the EMGs lol
and i was thinking crystal glasses filled with water would make a cool opening. maybe...???

You don't need to take off the strings for that to work, nor do you need EMGs. The magnet in the receiver of the phone will simply transmit through the pickups.

And, if you want to lug around a bunch of glasses for ringing rim tones, you can do that as long as it's used with taste. Or, you can also get the same thing out of a synthesizer - even the basic general MIDI keyboards usually have glass rim ringing as one of their patches.

Maybe an instrument where the sound goes through water, and picked up by a waterproof microphone. I heard sound travels better through water than air, so I'm guessing the sound will be much stronger.

Or you can just put a fishtank right up to the amp and put a waterproof mic inside. It'll probably sound exactly like it would if you put your ear up to the amp. With some hollowness added in.

I'm thinking of testing this.

I'm thinking of making some kind of palm muting thing that you can put under the strings. That you can move with a switch so that you can mute it to different extents.

I'm thinking of making some kind of palm muting thing that you can put under the strings. That you can move with a switch so that you can mute it to different extents.

196.jpg

Beat by 45 years.

And, if you want to lug around a bunch of glasses for ringing rim tones, you can do that as long as it's used with taste. Or, you can also get the same thing out of a synthesizer - even the basic general MIDI keyboards usually have glass rim ringing as one of their patches.

Or you can do it the really badass way and get an Armonica.

glass-armonica.jpg

The glasses rotate by a pedal and you just need to wet your hands and play it like a keyboard(sort of).