Strange Picking Noise - NEED your Help!

If you want to get rid of that annoying clicky picking noise, get another pickup than the 707. I indeed swapped it for a 81-7 and the clicky noise is gone.

Its a known issue with the 707 pickup.

the strange thing is i have a schecter demon with 817 pickups here and there it is the same .... (90% a liiiiiiittttllleeee lighter but the 817 have much less treble as the 707!TW!)

maybe you mean other things? clicky? i dont mean clicky i mean ... uhm squeaky .... like i said like someone cleaning windows... did you mean that sound?

thx for your reply !

It's far far worse with some picks, I love the XL Jazz IIIs because you don't get the scratchy sound you do with others. As far as the tone goes - as someone said, typical 707/EMG sound. I have the same problem.

It's far far worse with some picks, I love the XL Jazz IIIs because you don't get the scratchy sound you do with others. As far as the tone goes - as someone said, typical 707/EMG sound. I have the same problem.

hey thx for your reply. since youve got the same problem ... what do you do against it (maybe special technique or after recording) except of the jazz III XL

hey thx for your reply. since youve got the same problem ... what do you do against it (maybe special technique or after recording) except of the jazz III XL

Retracking usually. It's counter-intuitive because picking harder sounds better but gives you that horrible pick attack. Thinner picks help.