noise reduction vst?

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
looking for a decent, free noise reduction vst for win.

i'm trying to mix a classical guitar piece. i never realized how noisy my preamp/mics were until now. it's basically a HISS i'm trying to get rid of. i'd use a gate, but the noise is embedded in the recording.

I've tried several different things to get rid of the hiss from turning down my premap - to using every mic i owe. no luck.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

adobe audition 3.0 noise reduction and editing on it is nasty its cheap go download the demo from adobe's site

best compliment i mave made to pro tools yet :headbang::headbang::headbang:

thanks. both look pretty cool.

i downloaded the iZotope RX demo. it did a pretty good job right out of the box, but my problem is the 'hiss'/'background noise' seems to be embedded in the higher frequencies, so when the noise reduction was applied, it is also removed some much needed highs. looks like the basic version is just under $400.

the adobe audition is also under $400, but would in addition to the noise reduction stuff - gives me a ton of other toys like mastering/edit tools. i didn't download the adobe demo. i always get a little nervous these demos don't clean up after themselves. i'm working on a pretty big project right now and DON'T need "odd" things happening on my PC.

both software packages appear to have 'de-click', 'de-hum', general 'de-noise' tools.

anyway - for anybody else that's interested, here are a few links i found when researching audition. i might be better off at this point just having a mastering house help with the cleanup. they'd have better tools and experience for this kind of thing.

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/
(*bring ear plugs...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
audition is standard in radio stations accross the country as there edit prog for the most part some run other apps but from the stations i have been it its audition

its has tons of plugs in it stock including a really good multiband comp as well a ton of other stock plugs that are very usable dont think of it as a cool edit pro its far upgraded from that time

mastering and editing it is second to none imo coming from someone that is educated very well in protools and logic either one of them cant hold auditions dick when it comes to editing and noise reduction without spending big bucks on the really good plugs and the best it will work with 192k hd files and interfaces

mainly what i use it for editing and do all my mixing in protools