Strapping Young Lad

The new SYL is awesome. Some people just over analyze these bands and forget how to enjoy music for what it is, entertainment. New SYL kicks all kinds of ass. My favorite Tracks are Decimator, Fucker and of course....FAR BEYOND METAL.

the_drip said:
The new SYL is awesome. Some people just over analyze these bands and forget how to enjoy music for what it is, entertainment. New SYL kicks all kinds of ass. My favorite Tracks are Decimator, Fucker and of course....FAR BEYOND METAL.

music is NOT just "entertainment". maybe therein lies the issue with SYL fans and those who are not.

lol plz...metal is entertainment. sorry but all these metal bands and prog rock that you so highly covet now aren't goign to mean shit 100 years down the road. the more pretentious an "artist" gets with his/her music the more forgettable they become. These people need to know they're place and sit in it humbly..and just make the music they enjoy making. SYL does this very well. Music does alot of things...yes it is an artform it evokes emotions...different music sends different messages...SYL's is primitive, juvenile and full of rage w/ a big toungue-in-cheek. It's fun as hell, and makes me (at least) feel good when I listen to it.

stop telling everyone how bad they're taste in music is and try to have a good time jesus christ. STick to suggesting good music to people instead of berating their own choices. You have good taste, I like "most" things you suggest.

A little quote from Devin on the SYL DVD :

Before going into a song, he yells like a madman :

" I suck cocks for crack money !!!"

You gotta love this guy !

I like Strapping Young Lad because they fucking suck.
Yeah, you FUCKING SUCK!!
YOU AND YOUR BAND YOU FUCKING SUCK!!
We fucking suck.
Fuck you fucking fucks!

Listen to the new song here. :) It fucking sucks. :)

Hell yeah, they fuckin' suck. :)

Great shredding though.

All I know is that if I'm in a war, riding in some tank to blow shat up, the song I'm playing is "Sh*tstorm" by SYL. Pure, unfiltered aggression in sonic form.

Townsend is inconsistent, but his high points are some of the greatest stuff around.

Oinkness said:
Yeah, you FUCKING SUCK!!
We fucking suck.
Fuck you fucking fucks!

Great shredding though.

Devin's lyrics have gotten worse. and worse. and worse. every album. The song was kinda fun, but seriously, those lyrics aren't even funny.

^ You have to take into account that he's a mental patient. He has the right to write such lyrics if he keeps the music kickass.

Oinkness said:
Yeah, you FUCKING SUCK!!
We fucking suck.
Fuck you fucking fucks!

Great shredding though.

:erk: :erk: @ oinkness ruining a band by quoting they're lyrics.

The gig was great anyway, although The Dev had a cold and kept blasting mucus out of his nostrils. The band were very energetic and the venue was pretty intimate. :headbang: