Stratovarius + Lacrimosa

Sautherom

With Floor Jansen :)
Oct 4, 2004
Monterrey, Mexico
spaces.msn.com
Well..
Next September 12th here in my city, Stratovarius (opener) and Lacrimosa (headliner) together.. will be interesting to see darkgoth fans mixed with power fans.
After the show i will put here the strato's setlis, that i think will be very similar to what we'll see 4 days later in Atlanta. Sounds good.. i'll see 2 strato shows the same week and in 2 different countries :headbang:

you can see the flyer here:
www.dve.com.mx

That is strange! How come Lacrimosa, a band that sings in German, is headliner over Stratovarius??? I would have expected Stratovarius to be a lot more popular than Lacrimosa in Mexico.
I will see Stratovarius later this year co-headlining with Hammerfall...ope both of them play older material cause last few albums (Strato starting with Destiny and Hammerfall with Renegade) have been mediocre at best, and the last album of each band has been total crap!

I'm thinking alot of people on this forum don't like powermetal. I've not read where one person has said anything good about HammerFall, Strat, Rhapsody, Manowar, etc. in forever! IMO, these bands have a formula, and pretty much stick with it. If you don't like their music, then quit buying their CD's and going to their shows!

alexofbodom said:
That is strange! How come Lacrimosa, a band that sings in German, is headliner over Stratovarius??? I would have expected Stratovarius to be a lot more popular than Lacrimosa in Mexico.

yes, i agree with you, it's a strange line up, both bands will play in others mexican cities, but separated, only here will be together.

I like the old Lacrimosa, but definitively i prefer Sratovarius over Lacrimosa, this is the second time that both bands plays here in Monterrey ( first time was separated),that time were around 2500 attendance each band.

But yes, perhaps Lacrimosa is more popular, last year this band played 3 days in row in Mexico City with 3000 attendance per day !, i don't know if Strato could be the same.

edgeofthorns said:
I'm thinking alot of people on this forum don't like powermetal. I've not read where one person has said anything good about HammerFall, Strat, Rhapsody, Manowar, etc. in forever! IMO, these bands have a formula, and pretty much stick with it. If you don't like their music, then quit buying their CD's and going to their shows!

I like all metal styles, since traditional heavy metal, , power, death, black, prog, doom, goth, symphonic, thrash, speed, folk, and any combination of this, while the band has enough quality and own sound within their style. :headbang:

edgeofthorns said:

I've noticed that too. Sometimes I wonder why some who post here even visit the board much less attend progpower.

Strato will be at progpower, therefore, this thread is about progpower.
In other thread, there was doubt about the Strato's setlist, "if the band will play new album songs, and leave out classic songs, etc etc.."
Therefore the main target of this thread is only to say you that i will have the chance to see Strato 4 days before to see them again in Atlanta, and this could be an "advance" to what we'll see in Atlanta, that´s all :) :headbang:

You can't imagine how poular LACRIMOSA is in Mexico... It's unbelievable...
I saw a gig of them in Belgium, and man... their shows are magic... If you can, you really have to go
greetz
razer