Stress that comes with a 9-5 work week

Sorry dude. I can't feel bad for you when there's a product that will pretty much keep you safe and prevent skin burn from the sun's death rays. My mind is blown at the "It's icky."

I was never asking anybody to feel bad for me.
I'm aware that tendency is incredibly stupid.. though I am not ashamed.

That shit just sucks.
I call hypocrisy on anybody who even says anything though.. acting as if you haven't ever had an irrational tendency in your life. SHAME SHAME

Anyone else find it ironic that the thing which essentially gave us life is also giving us death in moderate doses? #Naturefail.

Here in Oz, skin cancer is a huge issue, as you'd expect. You can't really go anywhere in the summer without sunscreen unless you want to look like a Tomato that same evening.

I've been working like 7 - 8 or 9 the past week or so. In a huge, dark building that has NO power....so we have to run a generator for lights....tearing a machine out.....dirty, oily, greasy, HOT as fuck....like 90 degrees outside and 110-120 in the building....no fans....warm water.....

And I have another week left. Took 2 guys 3 days to pull back electrical and hydraulics.....the machine is welded to I-beams that are embedded in concrete in the floor...which means we have to hack them out with a oxy-acetelyne torch....

let me tell you about shitty work.....

but.... $300 a day.....can't fuck with that!!

I've been working like 7 - 8 or 9 the past week or so. In a huge, dark building that has NO power....so we have to run a generator for lights....tearing a machine out.....dirty, oily, greasy, HOT as fuck....like 90 degrees outside and 110-120 in the building....no fans....warm water.....

And I have another week left. Took 2 guys 3 days to pull back electrical and hydraulics.....the machine is welded to I-beams that are embedded in concrete in the floor...which means we have to hack them out with a oxy-acetelyne torch....

let me tell you about shitty work.....

but.... $300 a day.....can't fuck with that!!

The work sounds like it absolutely SUCKS. I feel bad for the discomfort you must have while doing that.
However, $300 a day is awesome. I only make around $10 per hour. So, usually, I get about $60-$80 per day since I'm working with my dad and the hours aren't consistent every day.

Welcome to the real world.

It took me a few years after finishing high school to understand why my parents and almost all my friends' parents seemed like grumpy, sensible buzz kills. The cushy life you have been living has been funded by your old mans back breaking labour and hard work. Maybe if you are lucky enough you will have the honour of sacrificing all your free time for some kids and a woman that loves you one day. Life is a beautiful, sucky thing

Also I second the thing about sun screen. It may feel disgusting rubbing it into your skin, but having to get lumps of that cancerous skin sliced out of your body wouldn't feel much better

Yeah I've been working with my dad for a while. its cool because I can basically work as many hours as I want, and it sucks because sometimes I get lazy.

I make $10 an hour on the books back home, but we do machinery install/removal (away, out of state/country) where I make bank. its serious ass-busting work, but thats how I got my guitar and my Mesa Mark IV....and thats how I plan on getting new gear once Im home!!!

Good luck buddy!

Haha.. about sunscreen..

I'm Irish. Naturally pale.
Sun screen just.. makes me feel nasty.
When I plop it on my skin, I feel disgusting.. it's stupid, I realize.

I came to the conclusion that I'll just develop a tan through getting burnt. I'll suffer for a week but after that, I won't get burned or have to rub nasty crap on my arms, face, legs, neck, etc.

Check out melanotan. I'm in no way advocating its use, and I haven't tried it, but I've seen Irish albino gingers turn tanned from it.. and it's meant to protect you from cancer on top of the tan which will protect you a little more. Again, not advocating its use, as its not FDA-approved (at least for tanning, I seem to remember it was approved for something else), but if you're working 8 hours a day in the sun with pale skin (I'm the same, I can choose between white and red) and no sunscreen, you're pretty much definitely going to get cancer man.

I work as creative director at an advertising agency. The good thing about creative jobs is that you can amaze people with your work and everyday you can come up with something different. The bad thing is that it´s much more painful to do a creative job when you´re not in the mood than with a "mechanical job", that you can just follow a standard procedure like a machine and your mood won´t affect the final result.

Also, it sucks to be in the office when there´s a sunny day outside and all you wanted to do is longboard in the park for hours.

Haha.. about sunscreen..

I came to the conclusion that I'll just develop a tan through getting burnt. I'll suffer for a week but after that, I won't get burned or have to rub nasty crap on my arms, face, legs, neck, etc.

My father worked as gardener almost his entire life, and didn't get lots of sunburns because he was 'brown-skinned' (don't know if this is the correct term...). That doesn't saved him of getting skin cancer.

He died some years ago because that.

Working under the sun, even with sunscreen, its dangerous.

Haha.. about sunscreen..

I don't believe you're Irish.

I've been a construction worker for a total of three years or so, doing mostly outside work in weathers ranging from about -22F to 97F, usually miles away from any civilization. 90% of the work is physically tough and nasty, it's always a bummer to wake up at 6AM and doing stuff you don't necessarily like can make you a bit cranky. Now I'm self-employed in the audio business.

Wanna take a guess which is more stressful? Knowing you get paid ten bucks an hour for every single hour you work, having someone else deal with all the bureaucratic bullshit and being able to take sick leave whenever you're running a fever? Or wondering whether or not you can still pay your rent in a couple of months, dealing with every single little thing that running a business involves by yourself and working your ass off when you have a killer flu and can't even properly hear what you're doing because you have a deadline which you are personally responsible for? I'm afraid the image you have about the business is a tad bit glamorous one.

The muscle aches ease up when you get used to physical work. Some Ice Power and stretching won't do any harm, either. The tiredness goes away with sleeping properly. The sun won't bother you if you use sunscreen, wear a hat and remember to drink lots and lots of water. Trust me, you have a good job which many would be grateful for.

Just my opinion, but the work isn't what makes a job shitty regardless of the hours, 95% of the time it's bad people. I don't mind working a 14-16 hour day 7 days a week if I'm with a good group. 30min with the bastard and I almost threw the fucker out the window.
Hardest physical job for me was working for bricklayers when I was 16. 8hr days over a Texas summer lifting and throwing bricks to guys on scaffolding. Bailing hay is a bitch too.

First off it's great you have a job with the crappy economy. It sounds like a line from Leave it to Beaver but hard work really does build character. My first job was working in a corn field when I was 13, so I was a grumpy bastard from an early age.:loco:

As for day jobs, not all of them involve hard physical work and low pay. Education (in things that are economically useful) is your friend. Go to work in a factory for a while and you will understand this real quick.

The being Irish thing, seems like damn near every white person in America says they are Irish. I have red hair. I am not Irish. I do like lucky charms though and used to have serious drinking problem....wait I don't really care for potatoes. Must be an American instead.

I put on sunscreen twice a day, every day. Even if there is no sun out. Don't be a retard with skin cancer.

As for your dream of being a music producer, I say keep following it but be realistic. Most small businesses fail. If plan A is not working your plan B should not be to do plan A harder.