back to college

jangoux

May 9, 2006
So, six years after the date i should´ve graduated i am back at college to finish my science of computing degree. I had my first class tomorrow (just have 2 disciplines left, a networking kind of project and advanced databases) and it was kinda lame, a project to install and manage a client-server network inside a virtual machine, but in the end it was refreshing. I am really thinking towards a change of career but i know ill never have the oportunity I have now, to work where i work, sometimes having the oportunity of getting good money, great guitar...My second daughter will be born on the next tuesday and I NEED the stability of a real job (and all the other bonuses, like health insurance, food aid, retirement plan, etc..My wife is finishing her master degree on literacture and plans to go to Europe (Belgium or Germany) to get her post-master degree (how is that said in English?) so maybe a real job and a real career will be good on that too.

I dont know, i still havent figured what ill really do but, besides the stress that coming back to college is doing to me (i hate new social enviroments), it was somewhat cool and refreshing. If it all goes right, in 6 months ill have me degree and hopefully a new career - or at least a graduated AE.

That's pretty cool. It takes real dedication to actually go back to school when it's been a while. To me, education is really important, and I'm pretty much in the same field as you are =)