Strings

daulton

Jun 25, 2007
Hey girls what guage of GHS Strings do you use? I think I had a set of Zakk Wylde Boomers on my Epiphone Junior Les Paul and they messed up my guitar. Did you have to have the guitars adjusted for the strings?

Hey girls what guage of GHS Strings do you use? I think I had a set of Zakk Wylde Boomers on my Epiphone Junior Les Paul and they messed up my guitar. Did you have to have the guitars adjusted for the strings?

What did you have on it before as far as gauges compared to now? If you dramatically change the gauges you may well need to adjust the intonation and/or the truss rod. If you go from 9-42s to 10-46s you probably wouldn't need to change anything.

I had a set of GHS Zakk Wylde Boomers and it messed up my guitar. Right now I have Ernieball 11 Gauge straings. I'm tryin to choose if I want to use GHS 9-42 or just switch to Ernieball 9-42. I wanna use GHS Boomers again because there almost impossible to break but I don't want to get my guita messed up again.

I had a set of GHS Zakk Wylde Boomers and it messed up my guitar. Right now I have Ernieball 11 Gauge straings. I'm tryin to choose if I want to use GHS 9-42 or just switch to Ernieball 9-42. I wanna use GHS Boomers again because there almost impossible to break but I don't want to get my guita messed up again.

So you need to set the truss rod and the intonation when you are using the strings you want.
The guitar can handle the strings, as long as it is set up correctly.