Stuck Mojo DOAHH guitar tone

Rumble

In Ruins
Jul 12, 2003
Alberta Canada
www.fallenvictim.com
I just put Declaration of a Headhunter in my car stereo after a few years of it being lost in the abyss. As soon as the first track kicked in I was blown away! I don't remember the album sounding this good! Man, the guitar tone on DOAHH is among the best I've ever heard. It's so smooth and easy on your ears, yet it just slays. Everyone check it out, now. Do you remember how you achieved this Andy?

74 Gibson les Paul Standard with Duncan Parallel Axis Pick Up, into 50Wt Marshall JCM800 with 6550 mod and Soldano Hot Mod. Greenback Marshall Cab with 1 57, into API pre. That good enough for ya?

Stuck mojo is the shizzle!! :headbang:

Saw them a couple of months ago, their first show after a couple of years they broke up, and without rehearsing, they got up the stage, and gave the audience hell! man, amazing how these guys rip it up.. underated band...

And the tone Rich has gotten over the years from "snapping necks" is simply amazing... after "pigwalk", "declaration of a headhunter" is my favorite disc..

Also good to see that they awarded Andy's grammy at the manchester show of their european show... well deserved.

Even cooler is that i suspect that they will record their new upcoming album at Andy's studio... not sure though, just hoping here... :D

hi,
yeah indeed rich ward has one killer guitar tone but his trick is to track and
stack that's how he gets that fatness ...
i am a huge ward fan by the way a love all of his stuff

Andy Sneap said:
74 Gibson les Paul Standard with Duncan Parallel Axis Pick Up, into 50Wt Marshall JCM800 with 6550 mod and Soldano Hot Mod. Greenback Marshall Cab with 1 57, into API pre. That good enough for ya?

That's good enough for me, thanks man! What kind of mic placement for the 57 if you don't mind me asking?