For the stuck mojo fans.. i did a tribute song/medley.. (or rate the tone)

Jun 2, 2005
Sort of a tribute to stuck mojo, one of my favorite bands out there, and a great influence on the riffs.. :headbang:

POD XT, sloppy playing every now and then, and DFHS with the reason bass..

It was a delight to work with just guitars, bass, and drums this time.. without worrying about synths and orchestral instruments.. :lol:
Completely different from what i normally do, but it was fun nevertheless, and that's why i did it in the first place.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=283678

I hope you like it... contains classics from the pigwalk and rising discs..

Definitely great sounding stuff. This is the best XT tone I've heard so far man, great job. Entire mix sounds nice and full, love the bass! That extra grit really does make a difference to the tone of the bass as well as the mix as a whole.

great work, love it!

Well cheers guys!

I did nothing major this time around.. i mean, i did not really dug into too deep, just loaded up a template and went with what sounds okay, i guess..

Reason bass.. yeah, it kicks ass... i put it up front this time around.. just a bit more low end to it, and that's it.. the bass is well worth it cobhc.. maybe some BBE and it sounds pretty fat allready.
You will need reason to use it yeah.. but the whole reason bass is completely free! you get some drums with it as well, and some guitar samples, but they are worthless..

Do you have the link? i posted it last time, but if you need it again once you have reason, let me know..

Anyway, thanks for checking it out..

And if anyone can rap, put some vocals on it! growls, singing, whatever, let me know, and i will post it here as well..

Rad.. I'm both a Mojo fan and a Bob fan. Will rip into this cut later. Having checked it out, the reason bass is super cool. Its a great thick grindy bass with lots of extra articulations as well.

Love the guitar tone! Care to tell exactly what you did to make the pod sound not crappy as hell as my usual pod sounds?

the only thing i'm not 100% on in bob's mixes, is the kick, it's always a bit too clicky for me, gimme a bit more lowend in it and i'd love it :loco: bob, turn that fucking rbass plugin up a bit

again.. thanks for listening folks.. good to see some mojo love in here!

positive reactions on the bass makes me want consider keeping this bass sound.. i really pushed that sucker up in volume and in the low end part.. so far so good...

Guitars.. again, the famous kazrog/Shane patches have found it's way into nuendo..

I blended the "5150 TS9 421" in with the (my favorite) "B1g0 TS9 570AX" patch..

http://www.backmask.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=218

4 tracks in total, the "5150 TS9 421" is mixed in the loudest out of the 2.. panned 94 left, and 97 right...

the "B1g0 TS9 570AX" is panned 75% left and 75% right..

The reason bass link:

http://www.propellerheads.se/replacehardware/metal.htm

Enjoy!

Swami.. i EQ'ed the guitars offcourse.. i really took out some mid out of the guitars.. took off some low end to avoid mud, and took off some high EQ as well.. i could give you the exact numbers, but i would go with what would sound right on your gear.
Also, i added some BBE sonic maximizer for sparkle.. nothing too fancy though, just a little bit.

And that's it... had quite some fun blending them in properly.. 4 tracks as i explained in my previous post.. i also think the bass really adds quite a lot to the sound..

Oh, and the patches are offcourse altered a bit.. change that to what sounds good on your guitar, and in combination of your drums and bass...

it's a excellent starting point those patches!