Here's another new song... bit different in sound, and need some ears for this one...

Jun 2, 2005
Bit different in sound.. not too much, but subtle..

Setup:

- Guitars: POD XT.. handles the palm mutes pretty crappy though.. but it's cool for now..

- Drums: DFHS again.. and some well know samples made by some english guy who practically lives in a old farm... :headbang:

- bass: Reason 3...

- Synths.. crapload of synths.. edirol, A1, embracer (both in nuendo), imposcar, reason again, etc, etc, etc...

no vocals... yet...

Link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=283678

It's the one on top..

See this as a intro.. that's what i intended with it for the TGM project..

need some ears here.. about the low end.. the synths, are they loud enough? maybe too loud? im practically deaf you see.. :lol:

any advice will do.. thanks!

Thanks guys..

As i post these songs/demos on multiple forums to see what people think about it.. a few have allready mentioned the guitars.. a bit too muddy are my thoughts as well.. any suggestion? i used C4 on them.. and a tiny wee bit of BBE.. just a hint..

Im looking into getting a 5150 again.. that might help quite a bit, im sure.. but for now, i got to work with the bean..

Thanks for checking it out!

Dude,

I'm diggin this. Reminds me of Nevermore, too. What kind of vocals are you thinking of using for this stuff? Just curious if it would be death metal growls or more Warrel Dane-type stuff.

Love the ambience in this tune. Very cool shit.

Thanks everyone! :headbang:

Hapexamendios said:
Dude,

I'm diggin this. Reminds me of Nevermore, too. What kind of vocals are you thinking of using for this stuff? Just curious if it would be death metal growls or more Warrel Dane-type stuff.

Love the ambience in this tune. Very cool shit.

Rustmouth!... :kickass: never knew you posted here as well..

Check out Killdivision's MP3 in his sig.. that's going to be on it.. and another vocalist with lower grunts.. im excited!

Damn Bobby... This might be your finest work yet!!

I'm also hearing some dnb era Nev factor in this joint.

This one is going into rotation.

sounds great but i must say u were right especially about the palm mutes...it gives a fuzzy kind of sound, but i already see it as something innovative...somthing more industrial which is great....actually i really loved the quality the overall sound reminds me of later hypocrisy. r those real drums or r they samped and if they r......WHERE TO GET THEM FROM?.......they r amazing!!, yo kill division r u robbie wonning of deadhead?, if so man haatland was amazing.....kill all the fuckers :)

cheers

Cheers Ether!

Monk... yeah, they are DFHS.. also know as Drumkit From Hell Superior... they are sampled, and i used partly Andy's samples on the snare and the kick.. i found out about blending in kicks and snares (not together, but different samples on the kick or snare)...

haatland rules! he's not Robbie though, but he will explain that himself i guess..

cool...thought thought of blending samples but it sure does sound like a nice idea, i used to mess around with samples from my dr-008 kit that came with sonar and maybe a few samples i find here and there that are free, but i guess ui should definatly check out drum kit from hell :)...thank again for the tip bro

cheers

BnB, how do you do the short little cymbal crescendos in the beginning? Is it just three hits all close together and varying velocities? Or what? Maybe you could toss the MIDI from this song to me on AIM/MSN sometime? Thats pretty much the only thing I can't figure out in DFHS is how to do cymbal crescendos...I've given up so many times trying, heh. Let me know man.

Moving on...great song! Probably one of the best, production and writing wise. You have a couple that are great writing, could use better production, and vice-versa, this is definitely your best work yet altogether, IMO. Keep up the great work man.

~006

Cheers fellas..

OO6.. those cresendos are from edirol orchestra.. i dont think it would be possible to get those kind of hits with DFHS...

MIDI file? sure.. i could put it up here tonight if you want it.. i can just export them, so no problem..

Thanks for listening!

I dig the song alot man, definitely love what the synths are adding to the music.
I think the volume of them is perfect, just enough to add *alot* to the music yet not get buried or overbear everything. Love it.

Low-end sounds nice and tight here on my monitors. Only thing I have a gripe with is the snare. Needs more impact or "punch in face" - ness. :err: Rest of the kit sounds wonderful.

Get. the. 5150. I've still got to make that recording for you to stress test, woops, haha. I haven't done any recording in weeks, <shrug> Downtime is good sometime I suppose.

Anyways, great song man.

Charlie

I wouldnt mind a good piece of midi for the cymbal cresc's too bob- ah ive just seen youve posted as i was composing this- how did you get edirol orchestral to do that lol! All ive ever done is make a series of fast chained taps (using dkfh2) growing in velocity and it always sounds rubbish! :zombie:

Now, onto the comments.... Bloody Awesome! If i didnt know any better i could have thought that to be a real amp, altho its still got a little harshness!! You are a mixing machine Bobby! Pro sounding indeed! I only wish i could get to your level oneday man! :ill: I'd love to have a look at your midi files to see what on earth you've been up to!