Death metal melodic song done and mixed with headphones!

I downloaded this rather a while ago, but just listened now. Shit, should have listened much earlier, this is like fuckloads better than I expected. Not that I expected it to be bad but was thinking...maybe this is just hype...after listening, SHIT! This is AWESOME!

My only complaint is about the drums, not organic enough sounding for me, but that's more of a personal preference than anything else. The orchestral stuff is so fucking impressive, absolutely brilliant, reminds me of Celtic Frost in ways...the bombast and everything. You're wicked.

StefTD said:
It's very hot at the moment in Europe, today we had 35°C here in Germany (I live in the south)
but I think this is becomes off topic :tickled:

bah. South of Portugal = 43ºc. You beat that ! I win! :p :p :p

now it's very cold, and I am fucking sick of that weather (yeah really sick, couldn't eat something since thursday evening) I hope that it will be become warmer in the next days, but today only rain and so on.
I can't get that song out of my head, awesome!

Man, the weather sucks a big one over here right now.. feels like it's pre-winter dammit!!

Anyway, Static, thanks for listening then mate! i have given the drums a lot of thought, and i am still in the middle if i should keep them mechanic like this, or just make them more realistic.. i will probably end up doing the latter anyway, since that's more my cup of tea as well, but then again... :loco:

Hey Decadawn! thanks man, and i will add you as soon as my music PC with the speakers is up and running again.. i had a major crash last week, and i am trying to get it fixed right now... i would love to listen to your stuff man.. i enjoy listening to fellow bedroom producers all day!

Take care.

I won't man! :tickled:

I am in the final stage of repairing my PC now, i am deleting and copying files in the system volume folder, so i can go back to a previous restore point, and i hope to save a lot of settings and shit...

Man, i am really thinking about buying a MAC now... i have had a good share of trouble so far with PC's... :hotjump:

anyway, decadawn, i could add you on this PC, but i won't really be able to talk settings or anything deep like that, since i have no acces to those right now.. plus the speakers and soundcard i just installed on this PC are quite crappy, so i can't really judge well at all..

But i will add you now anyway, so i don't forget... :wave:

Decadawn! :headbang:

Sorry i have not been in touch with you man.. i don't want you to think i am some kind of asshole that just posts his songs and when someone asks me something, i wont reply...

It's my damn PC again.. i thought all was done and set, but i have to start over again.. commands won't be read now.. arrgh!! :yuk:

The song sounds good man!! :worship:
i am, however listening to it on less quality speakers now on a standard PC with a standard soundcard, so it's really hard to judge on this, and will shoot you a email or talk to you through MSN if i am back in my old spot with the good stuff hooked on it..
but yeah, sounds good!
reminds me of the older in flames on some parts, and you just know you can take as a compliment right? :p
I would say you have the drums down pretty good, better then mine so far, the kick is very nice.. did you use DFHS as well? or did you use a real kit with some samples on it?
Guitar.. what did you use on guitar? is that a pod xt as well? i love the mid on it all, i am quite a mid fan, on guitars especially...

Again, i am listening on it on crappy speakers, so it's pretty damn hard to judge, but i would like to say that it sounds pretty damn good from what i have heard (this was a clip, right?) i would like to hear the whole song, and more songs... if you have any, that is...

I will talk to you later man, then i can go a bit more in depth on your sound, i really hope i can this shit done fast now, it's been a month allready... o_O

oh, what kind of vocals were you planning on putting in there? i think some high screams would be really cool in combination with your sound..

Take care.

Black neon bob said:

i don't want you to think i am some kind of asshole that just posts his songs and when someone asks me something, i wont reply...

Take care.

where did we 2 heard that before ;D !! anyway to bad bout you pc man really fucked up. if my pc was broke i would go nuts.

cheers bob

Black neon bob said:

I would say you have the drums down pretty good, better then mine so far, the kick is very nice.. did you use DFHS as well? or did you use a real kit with some samples on it?

he's a real drummer!. lol.. the kick sounds in his trigger machine sound like shit IMO.. I really don't like it.. sounds too much like a CLICK with too much bottom.. :(

What DFH sample do you use for kick? I may use drumagog and replace the whole kick sound in all the songs..

thanks ;)