New song done.. new mix, and again completely done with cans..

Wow, you smash the shit out of that snare, huh? Lol. I guess thats how to get the snare sound. Man, I never thought of using plugs in Cubase while programming the drums. I've been just bouncing out the tracks into Vegas or ProTools, and working from those raw tracks from there using plugs. I might have to try that. I think you should assemble a gigantic jpeg with the screenshots of all the plugs/settings you use. As in, cut out all the plug pics and put them all in one big jpeg file. But thats just me :) Song sounds great.

~006

decadawn said:
Damn. I don't have DFH... !!

Get on MSN dude........ if you feel generous!

lol unless you've both got superfast broadband that's gonna take like a week to send, it's 35gb dude! plus you really should be buying it yourself :p

Yeah, I really do think you should pay your respects to ToonTrack and actually buy the program. If you can't afford DFH Superior, then DFH2 is basically a smaller version of it. It doesn't offer jazz and hand percussion kits, only metal kits. It's basically a metal/rock only version of Superior, slimmed down. I have both 2 and Superior, and I still use 2 most of the time. For all the little things I do, I don't need the full production capabilities of Superior, I reserve that for big projects that I do. DFH2 is perfect for demos, etc. Do some research. They're both very impressive programs and well worth the money whichever one you get. It's only proper for you to actually shell out the cash for this, I mean, ToonTrack went ALL-OUT with these libraries, they deserve the compensation.

~006

006 said:
Yeah, I really do think you should pay your respects to ToonTrack and actually buy the program. If you can't afford DFH Superior, then DFH2 is basically a smaller version of it. It doesn't offer jazz and hand percussion kits, only metal kits. It's basically a metal/rock only version of Superior, slimmed down. I have both 2 and Superior, and I still use 2 most of the time. For all the little things I do, I don't need the full production capabilities of Superior, I reserve that for big projects that I do. DFH2 is perfect for demos, etc. Do some research. They're both very impressive programs and well worth the money whichever one you get. It's only proper for you to actually shell out the cash for this, I mean, ToonTrack went ALL-OUT with these libraries, they deserve the compensation.

~006
yeah DKFH2 is only $99 US!! You can't beat that. A cheap* drum machine costs you this much, and sounds like ass. DKFH are some of the best drum sample libraries out there, and $99 is like, nothing.

KillDivision said:
As i mailed Bob this afternoon, it still sounds good if i walk into another room or turn on the vacuumcleaner. Then it would sound good on any soundsystem, i guess.

Black Neon Bob = the second coming of Sneap?:D
is that same model vacuume Suffocation used tracking Breeding The Spawn? I've always been curious about that recording. Clearly a vacuume cleaner was involved in the guitar recording, but I'm not sure which model and in what way it was encorporated.

Carrier Flux said:
is that same model vacuume Suffocation used tracking Breeding The Spawn? I've always been curious about that recording. Clearly a vacuume cleaner was involved in the guitar recording, but I'm not sure which model and in what way it was encorporated.

i'm sure it was a dyson of some sort :Spin:

So I'm guessing you didn't use the DFHS mic bleed if you just went ahead and put the plugins on the VST tracks?

Carrier Flux said:
yeah DKFH2 is only $99 US!! You can't beat that. A cheap* drum machine costs you this much, and sounds like ass. DKFH are some of the best drum sample libraries out there, and $99 is like, nothing.

That's why I bought it. Unfortunately, the weight it places on your CPU is heavier than the latest Chimaera album.