Death metal melodic song done and mixed with headphones!

Jun 2, 2005
finally... haha.. took me a while, but have a listen if you will...

this was done entirely with headphones, from the beginning till the end, and i used other mixes as an example.. any good??

It's a 7:19 minute long (death) metal song with orchestra stuff, synths, piano and all the rest of it.. no vocals yet.

It's supposed to be a bit epic you know... some melodic stuff in there as well... especially on the end.. (DRAMA!! :yell: )

Link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/toxicgrindmachine_music.htm

It's called "bastard breed"... the first one on top...

Drums are DFHS (what else?)

Guitars are done with the POD XT (just two tracks)

Bass was done with reason, orchestral stuff with edirol, synth with imposcar and absynth...

please give me all the honest feedback you can think off, i have been working a long time on this one, and i always kinda lose focus after a while on how it sounds, volumes, etc... let me know...

Thanks.

Holy fuck that is bad ass!!!!!!!!

The drums are so FAST in the beginning... I love the ridiculousness of it, and how you mix it with groove. My tone sounds great, as do the synths!!! The orchestration is fucking fantastic!!!

I'm seriously impressed. You kick ass!!!

As for suggestions - the track has a little bit of low end rumble to it, particularly on the toms and bass guitar. Make sure you filter that stuff. I'm not sure what else to say, this is one of the best self produced demos I've heard.

Yeah man, that's pretty fucking intense. It's sounding tight as hell on my monitors - very nice shit dude. Great work. I just wish I could get even close to as convincing a tone as that using Guitar Rig.

Ooooohh... that's just SICK! Dude.... that's fuckin badass. I'm gonna go puke.

I'll be honest--the drums sound fake as hell, but other than that, that's some serious shizzle you got going on in parts there. That orchestra stuff is no joke....I haven't got that good of a guitar tone out of my pod either btw....good luck finding a drummer who will play that.

vile_ator said:
First I hate Soundclick with no search function. But yes the song is cool. But I dont understand why you made the kicks in 6's instead of 4's. No drummer can play that fast! So if you ever play live the fans are disspointed.

Colin

What about the Gemini pedal?

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/SNAMM97/Other/241.html

Listen to Morbid Angel's "Gateways to Annihilation." Pete Sandoval goes about this fast with the Gemini! :worship:

Wow!

Thanks for the reactions, very rewarding.. thank you!! :kickass:

Kazrog, thank you for your tone, it really is a terrific tone!

I have posted the song on several places, and as some of you posted, the drums seem to need some work, i agree as well, they could def. be better..

Colin, cheers.. to be honest, i have not given that blastbeat much thought.. haha, i just inserted what i thought would sound crazy enough to get that blastbeat vibe...

What would you guys suggest/improve on the drums?

Thanks again...

You could group all the tracks causing the low-end rumble and then multi-band compress the problem band. Should tame the low-end without subtracting it entirely. But to be honest, I liked that low-end rumble... I cranked the speakers and it was owning my room *thumbs up*

I'm the dude on the HC forum that posted that you sounded somewhat Stormlord-esque.. Again, great stuff.

Black neon bob said:

this was done entirely with headphones, from the beginning till the end, and i used other mixes as an example.. any good??

It's a 7:19 minute long (death) metal song with orchestra stuff, synths, piano and all the rest of it.. no vocals yet.

It's supposed to be a bit epic you know... some melodic stuff in there as well... especially on the end.. (DRAMA!! :yell: )

Link:

Bass was done with reason, orchestral stuff with edirol, synth with imposcar and absynth...

please give me all the honest feedback you can think off, i have been working a long time on this one, and i always kinda lose focus after a while on how it sounds, volumes, etc... let me know...

Thanks.

dude . . udid it :headbang: . and it sounds real good for someone who mied everything with headphones !! bobby really, this shit kicks ass. love the synths, that guitar preset is really good !! i got to have on of those dfhs for my self dude. this soong is so badass ><!! i downloaded it. listening it over nd over and over again and got it on my mp3 player. and the piano parts are really good. in my opinion, you are realy one of the greatest musicians i have ever known :|!! Respect dude. can't wait for the days well record someting together. it would be a honor dude. really.

Black neon bob said:

Link:

Thanks.
HOLY SHIT!

You are "Toxic Grinding Machine"!? I have your song 'DEMISE (Rise Of Terror)', and I can't remember where I got it, but I always thought that I downloaded it from a link in the Line 6 forums? MAN THAT SONG RULES... especially the part at 1:54 to 2:15.

Holy shit, will download 'Bastard Breed' right now :)